Saturday, August 16, 2008

Living the Dream.....

Tonight I was lucky to be asked to second shoot another wedding with Dave. This is my second time to shoot a wedding, my first time was with Dave, Sean AND Ben back in April. I'm so thankful that I met these guys....and the timing was perfect. I'd have to say that if Dave hadn't come to talk to me at Renae's wedding when he did....I'd still be playing around with my point and shoot camera. I truly believe in everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad that it did.

The wedding tonight was at The Oasis.....what a beautiful venue. It was a Jewish ceremony, so there were some special bits to it that I wasn't that used to. I'd only been to one Jewish wedding before and I just remember that one being one of the most fun weddings ever, but I definitely didn't get to see "behind the scenes", which is really neat.

The ceremony started before the actual one in front of all the guests, in the back room where Maureen and her attendants got ready. Maureen and Kirby had to sign the ketuvah first, and this was done in front of two witnesses, and a small gathering of close family. It was a very meaningful act, and I felt honored to be part of it....well, there to capture some photos anyways! We were cramped into a small room, both Dave and I doing our best to capture some great moments for their story. Here are a few that I was able to get.



And here is how I got them. Dave snapped a few pics of me "in action". I got a few comments from the guests too, on my ability to climb up on the kitchen counter in my heels. If only they knew how many times I've actually done this! Heels won't stop me from climbing anywhere! :)



After the signing, everyone headed towards where the rest of the guests were anxiously awaiting the bride and groom's appearance. The ceremony under the chuppah, with the sun setting over Lake Travis in the background, was beautiful, fun, and full of spirit.


The wedding, guests, and party afterward were all a great time. Thank you to Dave for inviting me to join you tonight. I can't wait to see the rest of the images from the evening.

Oh...here are a few more that Dave caught, and sent to me, from the last wedding and last night. I think I might actually look like a real photographer! :) Hee hee!!

EDITED TO ADD: Dave put up his post about the wedding, with more of the images. Check it out!

6 comments:

~Kara~ said...

Holy Omega ~ You're on your way lady! Don't forget the little people when you arrive. :)

>^..^<

Beankountess said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm happy for you!

DCM Photography said...

Thanks again for coming out and shooting with me. You're a rock star!

Julie said...

You totally look like a pro! I'm so glad you had fun and the experience is priceless! Great images too!

Sassani Photography said...

Nice counter climbing. Nice shots also... you sure have a great eye for some shots.

Anonymous said...

Love the shot of you climbing the counter in heals!! I totally get it. :)