Saturday, August 16, 2008

Girly Day of Shopping and Swimming!

I might have mentioned before that I've been shopping with Ava (and her mom, of course) since she was 8 weeks old. It was so much fun that we've been doing it ever since. :)

Laura and Ava came to pick me up at 830am this morning for some tax free weekend shopping. I have been on a bit of a kick in the last week or so with shopping for myself, so this trip was just for support!

We started out at Highland Mall, made a quick stop at Shoe Boxes, grabbed a bite to eat for lunch at Texadelphia, and then ended up at The Domain.

I even stuck to my guns and only ended up buying two things. The first was the auxiliary cable for my iphone to play in the car, and then I got a new hat. :) I showed so much self constraint today!! :)

Ava is such the girly girl. She LOVES jewelry. In every story we went into, if she was on her own two feet, and could reach it, she headed straight to the jewels!!



While we were in The Domain, we took a quick break and made a dash into Starbucks. It was Ava's first experience, and I think she's hooked. She LOVED the Vanilla Bean Frappacino, and kept saying "Mine!" when Laura tried to have herself a drink. Teaching them younger and younger these days!! :)



After a long morning and afternoon of running around town, we took a quick dip in the pool. It was a little cloudy, so we didn't stay long, but Ava showed off what she's been learning in her swimming lessons. She's quite impressive....not to mention so dang cute in her little melon bathing suit!


Another fun afternoon with Ava and Laura! :) Now I'm off to finish up the day shooting a wedding with Dave!

No comments: