Sunday, August 31, 2008

Austin BatFest 2008

It seems that Austin's unofficial mascot is the bat. Rumor has it that Austin houses the world's largest urban bat colony, and so it's only proper to celebrate the little creatures with a festival! I went to BatFest 2008 with Renae and Tara this afternoon, and OH BOY, it is hot as EVER in Austin right now!!! But, I strapped on my ShootSac, complete with my new lens, and headed out for a new Austin adventure.

There were all sorts of vendors showcasing their goodies along the South Congress Bridge....of course there were plenty of bat themed trinkets!


One of the main reasons for going was to enjoy and support Renae's hubby's band - Deejer. They were starting off the afternoon entertainment at the KLBJ stage. They rocked out, and I had a great time getting some images of the guys - JR, Dave, Jeff, Chris and Gary.








I loved all the trinkets that the vendors had out in the booths. I managed to only buy one thing - whew!




The Gentlemen's Social Club played next on the stage. I couldn't leave without grabbing a few more shots.




Be sure to check out the slideshow to view all the images from today. It will pop up the gallery view at the end.


5 comments:

DCM Photography said...

someone was playing with their ultra cool new lens!! I like!

Mary Marantz said...

batfest?! that's crazy!! Looks like a great time tho!!

M:)

kennykimdotcom said...

a lefty telecaster guitarist? way cool!

VA said...

Umm...the drummer is HOT!

Brett Bollman said...

Where's the Deejer music to accompany the slideshow?