Saturday, April 5, 2008

Shooting at a Wedding.....

Here are the four of us at a wedding in Bee Cave at Star Hill Ranch.
This is my attempt at the self portrait with the iPhone. Not too
terrible. Looking forward to seeing how the shots come out! ;)


EDITED TO ADD:
The 2nd picture above was how my initial part of this blog entry started. The guys were standing around talking about their phones...and so I had to trump them all with my favorite new gadget. The picture isn't bad.....and then I had to show my remote blogging abilities. :)

So, now on to the rest of the story........today, I had such a good time. Dave, Sean and Ben were awesome, and I learned so much. A lot of it was over my head, but I'll get it....everyone has to start somewhere. Star Hill Ranch was so cool, like a little town nestled off Hamilton Pool Road, complete with houses for all the areas of the wedding....the bride's quarters, the groom's quarters, the wedding chapel, and the reception area for dinner and dancing. It was the most beautiful day, Rene and Paul couldn't have asked for any better weather.

After Dave introduced me to the couple, I was off. I was a little nervous at first....I really wasn't sure what in the world I was supposed to be doing....but then I realized that no one else knew that but me. I had a camera in my hand (actually two - one on each shoulder) and I was supposed to be taking pictures - ok, check, I can do that. So, I went back to where the girls were getting ready and started doing what I was there to do. The girls' dresses were a beautiful emerald green, which I know will look great in the pics, but the neatest part about it was that Rene had gotten all the girls matching Converse sneakers and had their names embroidered on the heel. Rene, the bride, was wearing lace up, Converse boots that matched her dress. I hadn't ever seen anything like them before, but it was so neat!! The girls were all really sweet, and Rene looked beautiful in her dress, so I am sure that even the bad pictures turned out good! :) I ran around and took some "detail" shots while Dave and Sean shot the wedding. Once it was over, the guests all came over to the reception area. I had a lot of fun with the kids at the wedding, they were all adorable. I made friends with 4 year olds Jordan and Nolan, and 7 year old Noah. I was snapping some pictures of them, and they were making it very easy! I then took a little walk with them, they wanted to show me a fun gazebo with some flowers that they had found. I had a blast trying to get them to JUMP! for me, which is when I learned some of the limitations of my XT camera, but I hope that they turn out - they were such cute kids. There were so many other cute kiddos at the reception that I was playing "photo tag" with too...for some reason they really took a liking to me. I hope that Rene and Paul aren't too shocked when they develop the disposable cameras that were on the tables....I am sure that I am in about 20 of them, because when I was snapping pictures of the kiddos, they were snapping pictures of me taking pictures of them. Hysterical.

Ben, Sean and I had some fun with trying to get some neat ring shots....blowing bubbles is a lot harder than the kids make it look these days, just FYI. I got to play with a few more lens, cameras and flashes before the night was over. The sun was starting to set, so I packed up my things so I could get ready for my trip tomorrow. As I was leaving, Noah was walking back inside and told me goodnight, so sweet. A perfect ending to a great day.

I hope to get to see some of the shots when I get back from my work trip next week!!! Thanks again SOOOO much to Dave, Sean and Ben for being such great teachers today!! I had a blast, and hope I get invited to tag along again soon!

1 comment:

Beankountess said...

I am so proud of you! I wish I could have been there to you assistant that night! I can't wait to see all the fun photos you guys took. I'm sure you took great photos!