Saturday, March 22, 2008

Renae & Jeff Hurst Tie the Knot!!!

Today was a blast. Renae and Jeff's wedding was beautiful - the weather was great, the girls looked beautiful, the guys looked handsome (they clean up nice after all), the food was delicious, the music was great for dancing, the getaway car was fabulous....and it was a great time for all.

I didn't really bring out my camera because I was having a good time enjoying myself....BUT, once again, I did get a few shots.






I even got a "nod" from the official wedding photographers that were there to capture the evening. Dave came up to me and said "Hey, I want to talk shop with you later." I was like "Huh???". He told me that he saw the pictures that I did for the Guest Book and wondered why he was there. WOW!! I chatted with him and Sean (the 2nd shooter) for a bit, and they offered to have me come shoot a wedding with them to "get my feet wet". This is exactly what I'd been looking for.....a way to practice, test it out, see what it's all about, but without the pressure. I'm definitely going to take them up on their offer.....I am still in shock, and so giddy about that. Of course, I went on and on about all the photogs that I read and admire and they had no idea who I was talking about. I kind of felt like a dork, but they were like "Well, you really seem to know what you're talking about.....". Hee hee. Thanks to all of my heroes, I guess that I kind of did! :)


My mom & dad were at the wedding too. My dad and Marque were set to take R&J to where they were staying for the night.


My mom and I followed, so we could try to grab a really neat shot downtown before we dropped them off......well, how do you think it turned out? :)

Best shot of the night, I'd say. Helps when you have such a great looking couple to take the picture of.....oh, and the car, the Precious Motor Car, is beautiful too.




I went to hang out with Renae's family and friends from out of town for a bit afterwards, and was sad to see them head home. The whole wedding planning and day with Renae, her friends and family was amazing.

2 comments:

Julie said...

what a great opportunity for you with those photographers from the wedding! I love the image in front of the capital! great job!

loragaige said...

Awesome pic at the capital!!! :) So cool!