Thursday, July 31, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzz......here I come!!!

I thought that the meeting started at 9am this morning (instead of 930), so after about 3 hours of sleep, I got up, got ready, checked out, and walked over to the building on 4th....getting there over an hour early......of course. Oh well, I got myself a white mocha from Firehook Bakery and enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. You can still do that here at 830am. :)

The meeting went fine....now we just have to figure out if we want to respond to this bid. Anyways....that's boring. The meeting finished a lot earlier than I thought it was, so I called one of my old customers, who is also one of my customers now, and we had lunch at Chef Geoff's. It was kind of fun to have the ability to call and have a business lunch meeting on such short notice.

I took off after that and actually made it to Herndon without getting lost. I even went a different way than I did last time, and still made it! Woohoo! Got through a few con calls, some work catch up, and then I had to get out of the room.

I went across the street, and watched Wall-E at the movie theater by myself tonight. Again, I suck at movie reviews....I thought it was a little slow at the beginning (that might be because I was having a really hard time keeping my eyes open due to sleep deprivation), but once it picked up, it was pretty cute. Although it had a semi-happy ending, it almost reminded me a little bit of Children of Men; a glimpse of how messed up the earth might be in our future. I mean, it was a cartoon, but still.

After the movie, I walked over to a sushi place in the same complex and scarfed down a few pieces of white tuna, and a Crazy Roll. So good, and totally hit the spot. Oh, I did manage to get soy sauce all over me here.....fantastical.



I am actually going to BED right now. Before 11pm, and planning on getting 7 hours of sleep. I have to work on the presentation for my training tomorrow, but I NEED.SOME.SLEEP, so I'll do it in the morning. Night night!!!

6 comments:

N_Moore said...

Firehook, Chef Geoff's…[insert sigh]…I’m getting all nostalgic over here!!

loragaige said...

aww, yea! finally a little sleep for you. i think it's been 48 hours since we've talked!!! what will i do with myself???

Annemarie said...

LG - Seriously...we've been playing a mean game of phone and IM tag....what gives??

Nita - I thought about you when I was at Chef Geoff's...it was right in your old working hood!!

Miss you girls. Nothing to do today? I say that you girls start planning a trip to Austin! :)

Anonymous said...

Wall*E was great! It was a very pointed commentary about our western over-consumption lifestyle and how we're drowning in our own garbage. Everything we have these days is throw-away. I thought the 1st half of the movie was much better than the 2nd half. Although it was still just as pointed when looking at obesity rates in the USA and how the people in the movie became so lazy they sucked all their food through a straw and had hover chairs.

I loved the movie!

-the Fish

Camille said...

I feel your pain... I got ice tea spilled all over my by the waitor at lunch yesterday... FUN!

Brett Bollman said...

Since when do you like sushi so much?!? :o)

I saw Wall*E with the family in SB... thought it was great! The geek in me was just blown away with how great Pixar is getting with digital cartoons... insane!

Ahhh sleep! Get you some!