Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pictures really are worth a thousand words....

No pictures and nothing too crazy to report today....but let's see...what did I do.

I made it to HQ this morning, and spent a lovely day in the office meeting with work people. Work stuff. Blah, boring to you. BUT, I did get to eat a very nice lunch at Ned Devine's with Eric and Allan, and we had some good work chats.....again, with the work stuff. I know, I'm not too terribly exciting on this work trip. Sorry folks.

I left the office in Herndon around 330 to drive back to Baltimore...and it's a good thing that I did, because UGH, the traffic on 495N was terrible. There wasn't an accident, there wasn't an exit in particular that was backing it all up, it was just congested, at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday. I later found out that a lot of the government employees work like 630-330, and so that might have something to do with it.....but oh well, anyways.

I managed to get to the hotel without too much trouble, turned in my rental car, and had Jane come get me from there to go have our business dinner meeting. She gave me 3 options: 1. hotel restaurant, 2. local crab cake place, or 3. some upscale dining place.....well, of course I chose 2. I love to dine in obscure local places when I'm on trips. So, we ate at Gunning's, and it was superb. My dinner consisted of a 7 oz crab cake, homemade apple sauce, and mac salad. It was all so yummy!!!

Afterwards, I pretty much sat on the computer until late into the night, and also had the opportunity to catch up with some girlfriends on "con calls". :)

See...told you it was boring. I'm nothing without my photos. That's all.

No comments: