Sunday, July 13, 2008

We lost our asses....just like the Round Rock Express

Kara was MUCH funnier about writing up our time at the baseball game....I just don't have that bone in me. My "funny bone" only comes into play when I bang the crap out of my elbow....doesn't help me with the jokes.

Anyways....I went to a Round Rock Express baseball game tonight with Kara, Toni, Scott and Jacob....and well, we sweated our asses off. Seriously, they are gone. We no longer have asses....mine is still stuck to my chair in the stadium......what a shame. It was THAT hot and honestly quite miserable. I am sure Jacob was rethinking this whole baseball game idea as he'd just stepped off a plane from Utah......where....it is NOT this hot. Luckily though, we had the beer, the hot dogs, chicken wraps, did I mention cold beer, nachos, and funnel cakes to help us manage through (almost the entire) game.





Turns out that Express aren't really doing that hot this year....the other team scored 2 runs in the top of the first inning....and went on to lead 6-0 when we were leaving. I overheard Jacob and Scott say something about it being because of the pitcher, but I really don't know too much about baseball, and I'm not really interested in proving that I do. So there. If you really want to know....read here. (Edited to add as I'm listening to the recap: What? Turns out that it was the Express' pitcher's last game before he goes somewhere else fantastical for baseball....guess he had his mind elsewhere and that is why he gave up so many runs for the game. Oh, and get THIS?!! The pitcher for the other team.....he used to play for the Express and is a native of Round Rock.....so he was on his home turf and totally spanked his former team. Now if I had only known that going into the game......).

I, on the other hand, did learn, that Kara has a strange fascination with catchers. I did not know this before tonight, and that, my friends, was worth going to the game. She had a few other choice words to bring to the conversation, but I'll keep those in my head. Did I mention that Kara is funny?


I did partake a little in the chicken dance that the Round Rock Express dog (?) led, but it wasn't as exhilarating as I remembered it being (was it ever that exciting really?). I also think we successfully annoyed the people around us with the flash of our cameras and all the picture taking. Hey....they need to lighten up anyways....it's not like the game is that fast that if you miss a few seconds, you can't figure out what happened. Yeah, I admit it, I was really there for the company and the experience.



Before we left, we had to get a group shot, and we chose to do so with the Round Rock Express painted cow. Yes, it's a cow....even though you can't see it's head because someone (JACOB!) is in the way. Ha! It's really not his fault though....Kara was very explicit in where we were all to be placed for the photo opp. :) Um....Scott....a little to the left please...yes, don't move!!!


Oh, for my out of state friends that might be wondering the significance of a painted cow at the game...I'm really not sure, but, they are all over Texas representing different stuff. Austin has a series of painted guitars that are pretty neat too. I'm sure that we'll get some pics with them in a few months if they show up at ACL again. :)

Ok....that's all I have.

2 comments:

~Kara~ said...

love it! good times good times! :)

Brett Bollman said...

Ahhh... the summer evening baseball game! I'm jealous. Bummer the game wasn't a little bit closer... but I'm still jealous. I haven't gotten out to a ballpark this season... and I'm itching to.