Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the Road Again.....oh SO sleepy!!!

Technically, my Wednesday started in Houston at midnight last night right after the Freedom Tour ended there. Part of my schedule rearranging, meant that I'd be driving back to Austin at the ridiculous hour to be home in time to unpack two suitcases, and repack one more to catch my afternoon flight out today.

So that I wouldn't fall asleep on the ride home, Brett came along with me for the drive. We really didn't get much time to chat and catch up during the day while we were both helping getting things done for the kick off show, so it was perfect that we'd have this time to do just that.

Of course, with my geeky and obsessive personality, I'd already gone on and on to some of the group earlier on how fantastical Whataburger's Fancy Ketchup is, and so, outside of Columbus, around 130am, when I saw the orange W, I pulled off the freeway and got us some grubb. I think that Brett at least agreed with my assessment, half-heartedly anyways, and enjoyed the (very) salty (extra yummy) fries with the special ketchup. Maybe I'm crazy, and it isn't that different, but I am convinced that there is something special in that concoction.

Anyways......we ended up getting to Austin around 320 in the morning, and Molly was so happy to see people! I'm the most terrible mom ever as I haven't seen her in almost a week and a half!! I had to sort through mail, pay bills, unpack, repack and all that jazz, so I think that I crashed somewhere after 5am.

So, after I woke up....think I got a few hours of sleep (I honestly have no idea what day it is right now) and worked for a bit before taking off to grab a bite to eat at Texadelphia. I then was happy to take Brett by my new favorite shirt shop to grab an Austin shirt - Tyler's on the drag, and also home to the largest UT Longhorn. :) He'd seen pictures of my newest tee, and since his middle name is Austin, he wanted one like it. We took a the scenic route to drive right by the capitol and then I dropped him off, and said one last goodbye to everyone on the bus, before heading to the airport.



The crew is headed to Dallas now. You can keep up with them here if you like. I know I'll be checking in. :)

I found a new way to the airport from downtown today.....I didn't know that if you took 7th Street East, it hits 183 right where you turn off to get to the airport....so my stressing on whether or not I would make it in time from downtown was for nothing. I got to there in about 12 minutes and was at the gate with plenty of time to spare. :)

I got to BWI a little after 7, and to my hotel around 9. I was totally on the right street, and then made one small assumption that I knew where I was going, and ended up getting all turned around. Oh well....gotta go get some work done (I have to take 2 work tests before I go to bed tonight) before a big day tomorrow. (Hitting publish now - It's really 330am here and I have to get up in less than 4 hours.....ugh, I seriously am killing myself with this job!!)

Ok, night night all! :)

5 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

what do you do? that's a ton of traveling!

~Kara~ said...

YOU are my next project, AP. I am working on something for you, expect it within the next few days. I've never seen such a travelin' Texan. My oh my. I love your adventures tho, they make me laugh.

p.s. I spoke with the ASPCA, and they recommend Molly live with Slip and Joey.

Annemarie said...

Oh really, Kara!! Can't wait to hear about this, I'm excited! :)

!!!! Molly and I are going to spend some serious time together over the next week, I promise!! Can't wait to get back home tomorrow night. :) Meow!!

DCM Photography said...

Do I smell romance?

Brett Bollman said...

Seriously Kara!! I feel so bad for Molly... so neglected! :o) She needs some serious attention AP!

Love my new Austin shirt! My new favorite tee!