Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Movie Night

I decided to take it easy tonight and catch up on some movies. I popped the popcorn, and curled up on the big chair with Molly and settled in for my evening.


First on the play list was American Gangster with Denzel Washington. Overall, I enjoyed the movie, but it seemed kind of slow and it drug on a bit. Wow, it's a good thing that I'm not a movie critic, because that is really all I have to say about the flick. I'm such a simple person.



Next I watched Untraceable with Diane Lane. This one was a bit more my speed, I got a strange satisfaction when she started talking all the nerdy talk about the servers, mirror sites, etc....even though I didn't thoroughly understand it all myself, it was so cool to know that such awesome jobs like hers are out there. Her character reminded me of the nerdy girl on NCIS - she's my fav on that show. Anyways.....this movie scared the absolute crap out of me. First off, it started out with a sick and twisted scene with an adorable kitty, and Molly was quite curious as to what was going on too...but it was just awful. I knew that I was in for a ride after that. Scares me to think that there really are some sickos out there like that in the real world. So, the movie went on and on and continued to get worse, it was so f'd up. I mean, seriously. And to make things even better.....A. I'm alone, B. it's dark in my place, and C. it's scary because this kind of stuff could actually happen. So, when I had to get up to use one of the two bathrooms in my house....I went to the half bath, but then quickly changed after thinking that the door had been closed for a really long time, and there might be someone in there waiting for me. So, instead, I pushed open my bedroom door, quickly turned on the lights, scanned the room, and ran into the bathroom in there. What a chicken. Anyways, after the movie was over, I had to find something else on TV to erase the thoughts from the show.

Luckily, America's Best Dance Crew was on......so I got to watch some thoughtless television before heading to bed. It was a nice night, would have been better if I had more food in my place to eat other than popcorn, but oh well. I'd already eaten all the frozen pizzas last week. :)

3 comments:

~Kara~ said...

I can never watch that movie now that I am aware there is a kitty cat scene >^..^< - See you in 3 hours lady!

Anonymous said...

I told you the top of the stairs behind the drapes...

American Gangster was great! Now go see Wall-E!

-the Fish-

Julie said...

I have similar thought processes after watching scary movies and I just can't watch them anymore. I can't believe you were actually in town AND had some down time! ;)