Saturday, July 26, 2008

Animals, Trains, Boats and JUMPS - Oh MY!!!

To continue the celebration for Lora's birthday....we did something that we knew Lora would love this afternoon. Nita, Lora and I headed out in the unbearable heat (ha! that was for you, Kara) and spent some of our afternoon at the zoo. (Oh, we ate at Black Walnut Cafe in Rice Villi age for lunch before. No pictures.....but whoa, was it yummy. Go there and enjoy.).

I honestly think that we had more fun at the zoo than 3 grown women should.....but that's just what we do. Millions of crazy kids running around isn't going to spoil our good time. I can't recall the last time that I went to the zoo, and I'd never been to the one in Houston, so this was a treat for me too. All of the animals were so cute....I think that it was a consensus that the meerkats were all of our favorite.






After we visited all of the animals at the zoo (there are way too many pictures to even think about posting 10% of them), we tried out the train and paddle boats at Hermann Park. The small breeze that we were able to catch while riding the choo choo was perfect. The life jackets in the heat were not. But....two other things that I hadn't done in Houston, and since I'm always up for new things......it was great.



On the way home, Nita (of all people - our favorite conservative) remembered that this certain wall that we'd talked about was in the same area we were driving around right then. So, a quick iMap lookup, and we made one last pit stop for the day.

Nita was such a sport.....and kept trying until she got the shot! Lora and I were exhausted after all the jumps it took to get just the right one! But once again, totally worth it.

No comments: