Thursday, July 24, 2008

Meat Packing in NYC

Today's day of training was grueling to say the least. I think that the lack of sleep and traveling is starting to catch up with me.....or it might just be that I didn't get a lot of sleep LAST night, and sitting in training isn't the best way to try to stay awake.

BUT....I made it....and my eyes were open the whole time. I had made plans to visit with NYC offices after it was over with a few of the HP folks, and then take them all out afterward for a happy hour.

The office visit was actually really wonderful! I had only briefly met a few of the folks when I was at the sales meeting a few months back, so it was fantastic to reconnect, and put names with faces of those that were new to me. Everyone that I met was awesome, and it just reinforced that I'm at a great company.

We walked over to Stout after work was finished for some drinks and snacks. Oh, did I mention how much I am really starting to enjoy being in cities that you can walk everyone, and for the places that you can't walk, take the public transport.....well, yeah, it's awesome. I love it.

So....anyways, after the work part of the evening ended, and most of the older folks headed home already, the 'cool kids', AnnMary, Jimmeth, and I, headed to the Meat Packing District for some more fun. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place we went to.....this is why I take pictures.....but it was awesome. It was a hotel that is also a bar. Or maybe it was just a bar that was named something hotel, I can't recall. Regardless, it was outside, wrapped around the building with an open balcony, and it was awesome. We got there right as the sun was setting, and Jimmeth was able to score us some seats around the pool. I had a great time getting to know AnnMary, she's an awesome girl. Turns out that she was named after her two grandmothers, just like I was. So funny. [Edited to add: It was the Gansevoort Hotel.]




I was having such a great time, that I wanted to be sure to get a few photos. I was thrilled that when I finally did pull out my camera, I didn't scare the two of them, and they were happy to be in a few shots with me. We even got to have a little fun with some of the folks that worked there too. :)




I've had such a great time in NYC, and I can't wait until I get to come back again soon!!!

No comments: