Friday, July 18, 2008

When you don't eat the chips....

...it's possible to actually finish a full meal at Chuy's for lunch. Since it seems that I'm never in town anymore (seriously....it's like I don't even live in Austin anymore....Molly hates me), it's awesome when I get to go to lunch with friends and catch up. Even if it's only for an hour....I cherish it....and hey, it was over some really yummy mexican food too!!

I met Renae, Tricia, Marie, Jessica and Laura for lunch. Tricia brought Hudson, which was great, because I've only seen him a few times since he was born...and OMG, he's almost 6 months old already!!! When she walked up with him, I asked "So, if you take him out for a bit and then put him back, will he be fussy?". She wasn't really catching my drift, so then I just said "Give me that baby! I want to hold him". He's such an adorable and good baby....he sat in my lap for a while, then enjoyed being passed around to the other girls for some loving too.....such a boy! :)


Besides stuffing my face with my regular Steak Burrito with added purple onions, I spent most of the time getting caught up with Renae, which was perfect. You'd think now that we live less than a mile from each other we'd see each other more, but it's turned out to be the opposite...mostly because I'm never here...but like I said, I'll take the short lunches when I can....just to see her and catch up. :)

Plus - she's an absolute lifesaver. She's going to pick up my dry cleaning for me on Monday so I have something to wear for my meetings next week in NY. How did I get so lucky to have the best friends in the world?

Of course...I snapped a few photos. :)




Off to CO this evening for the music festival.....I'm sure that I'll have some stories to share from that later.

No comments: