Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday Around Austin with the H-town Girls

Today we popped up out of bed at the crack of 940am (ha!)....and decided to get out and take advantage of the beautiful Saturday that was ahead of us . We threw on gym shorts and tennies (I actually was able to get my foot into my tennis shoes and it wasn't deathly painfu) and were off to our first stop.

The girls hadn't ever been to Mt Bonnell so we went there first to see the amazing views...and of course, snap a few photos! :)



I took Mt Bonnell road the other way than I had before, and we ended up stumbling upon Mayfield Gardens. It was a neat little spot, complete with water lily ponds, peacocks, and a walking trail. It was so pretty, I can't believe that I'd never even heard of this spot before.



After leaving that spot, and driving around to try to find where we were, I found Exposition, which reminded me that the girls had mentioned wanting to try out Hula Hut....so we did. It was a perfect mid afternoon lunch, and we got there early enough to manage to beat the crowds.


One last stop on our minds was the drag on Guadeloupe to check out Tyler's. But...not before we found a few more photo opps before we made it down there. A quick stop at the Eiffel Tower, and the Texas flag.



It's always the best of times with my girls from H-town....it's always sad to leave them, or see them go, but I know that we'll pick up right where we left off in about two weeks, when we all head to CO for the music festival. Yay!!

Since they left, I've been doddling and doing anything that I can to not finish packing. I leave on a 630am flight (yes, that's in about 8 hours from now) for DC and I get there tomorrow around noon. I hope to be able to find some fun things to do in the city tomorrow before my meeting on Monday morning. I'm sure I'll have some stories! :)

2 comments:

DCM Photography said...

where is that great big Texas flag at?

Annemarie said...

On 5th street, right before you get to Lamar, on the right side of the street. It's right part the ACE restaurant supply store. I love it. :)