Friday, July 4, 2008

Kickin it Country Style

After a long day on the lake.....we weren't necessarily ready to call it a night, but weren't up for a huge night out....we all got a little burned on the boat. So....we got all cleaned up and went over to Graham Central Station in Pflugerville. The bonus part about this spot is that it's about 5 minutes from my house......well, I wouldn't say that there was any real "bonus" about this place, but it being so close was about the only reason that we went here.

This is one of those places that has a few different spots....a karaoke bar, biker bar, dance club, coyote ugly type bar, and a country bar.




We spent most of our time at the dance club part, that played the kind of music we all enjoy, but then around 11pm, they shut that part down...so we only had a few options left. We found a booth in the country bar area, which Lora especially loved - apparent by this photo. :) She was miserable, and not just because of her sunburn. Hee hee. They DID end up playing some normal music after the fastest country songs, and I think all the cowboys didn't know what to think of us when we got out there and shook our cabooses. :)



After we danced to one of the fast songs, it went back to the slllooooowww country, and at this point I think Lora was going to scream, so we headed over to the karaoke section. It'd been a LONG time since I'd sung, so I went for it. This place was kind of fun because they had this little guy that worked there on stage with everyone when they sang....and he was a kind of backup dancer. He was hysterical....but took some of the attention off the singers and got the crowd going. There was also props hanging on the back of the stage, so when I went up there, I told him that I wanted him to wear the boa....he was a little confused, but happily obliged. I put on one of the fun cowboy hats to go with my "I Feel Lucky" tune. During one of the instrumental breaks, I had a little fun with him. It was a hit. It was actually the most fun that I've had karaoking in a long time. Most of the time I just sit there and sing, but this time it was great because I got into it and had a lot of fun. :)


We hit up one more song on the dance floor, and before we left.....saw this fun umbrella sitting on the ground near the front door. Luckily we had the gorilla pod with us, so we setup for this fun photo opp. We got a few onlookers, and they all offered to move the rope, take the picture, or something else to have us take another....but we got it on the 2nd try!


So...cross GCS off my list....I don't think that I'll be going back again, but it was a fun place to experience with my girls. :)

No comments: