Sunday, March 16, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend in Houston Part I

I went to Houston on Friday for the weekend.....I always have such a great time when I go there....when I'm driving home on Sunday nights, I sometimes wonder why I don't just move there. Then I remember the humidity and I quickly check myself back to reality. BUT, I guess you're never supposed to say never...so we'll see.

Anyways....I got to the outskirts of Houston, and after realizing that my parents weren't at the house, I called Mindi to see if she was ready to leave work and meet me somewhere that had a patio so we could enjoy the beautiful weather. She was more than willing to oblige and round up the troops to join us after work!! After sitting in Houston traffic for an hour, I finally made it to Onion Creek Cafe in the Heights area. Ugh, yet another reminder of why Houston isn't the most desirable city to live - I-10, 610, 45, 59....etc. :)

I was thrilled to find out that it was crawfish season - woohoo!!! Lora and I enjoyed a few pounds, I could have eaten twice what I did....did I mention that I'm happy to know it's crawfish season. Hmm...thinking that maybe I can get some people to go get some tomorrow for lunch.....but I digress.


Side note on the crawfish - I REALLY get into it when I eat them....I don't stop to clean my fingers until the very end...so that is why my hands look so disgusting in that picture....oh, but did I enjoy myself!! :)

We enjoyed the weather and food for a while. After the sun went down, Nita, Lora and I took a quick shopping trip to Target, and headed back to LG's place to hang and chat. We were planning on getting some rest before the remainder of the weekend, but the boys (Luis & Bryan) got home a little bit later, from the 22nd in a row Houston Rockets win, and so we didn't get to bed until after 2am.


Bryan had to catch a flight EARLY in the morning, so we had to be sure he was out the door, poor Lora had to drive him, to the airport at 5am. She's such a trooper and so nice. I would have been calling Super Shuttle. :)

The plans for Saturday included meeting Camille at a Learning Leisure photography class. It was awesome, and just what we needed. I now know how to shoot in MANUAL mode - woohoo!! It might take a few months before I master it, and I still feel more comfortable in Av mode, but at least I know what it means now and I don't feel like such a dummy. The teacher was great, and made the 6 hour class fly by! I'm now ready for my next fun "photo shoot" to test out what I learned. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.