Saturday, March 15, 2008

Seriously???

So, I went to fill up with gas, just as I said that I would, right after I hit POST on Friday, before my drive to Houston for the weekend. I didn't take a picture of my gas tank on full, but you'll just have to believe me. But, the story gets better, this is fun.....keep reading.

I was starving, I hadn't eaten lunch yet. I thought about getting Whataburger for the 3rd time in 3 days, for the ride, but the line was too long, so instead, I decided on a $2.39 box of Crunch n Munch (what a rip off, btw) and a 44 oz coke from the gas station. So nutritional, I know!!!


Well, I opened the box, broke apart the inside bag, and was excited about the goodiness that was about to be all mine! I put the car in drive, and started to head out of the parking lot. The next few seconds happened in slow motion, but the end result was the box....the JUST opened, brand new, box....of yummy caramel popcorn, tipping over and spilling the ENTIRE contents between my seat and the door!

!!!!

I had a moment where I said one of my favorite expletives, and then pulled into the parking lot right next door to figure out what to do next.

UGH!!!


A. I was sad because I was so hungry, and now my "lunch" was all over my car. B. I was pissed because now I had sticky popcorn all over my car. C. I was annoyed because I just wanted to get on the road and drive.

So, I opened the door, pushed as much of it back into the box as I could, tried to get the rest out to the parking lot, and was on my way.


In the end, I was able to salvage enough of it to give myself a nice case of rot gut for the ride....seriously, who NEEDS that much sugar and coke on a 2.5 hour ride??? It did however, come in handy, as the sugar rush managed to keep me awake once I hit 4 o'clock Houston traffic.

3 comments:

Brett Bollman said...

I'm really sorry about your misfortunes... but in all honesty... I laughed through most of this post. And I probably would have laughed if I had been sitting in the passenger seat as well!

~Kara~ said...

i think the guy in front of you would have preferred you blur out his license plate number...

Beankountess said...

I love the drama that happens on your trips to Houston! I'm so glad your camera was readily available to capture it!