Friday, March 14, 2008

SXSW and Austin

I went to meet Dana and a few of her friends downtown last night for a Spoon show, part of SXSW that has been happening all week. It was my first time to really know what SXSW was all about, and to experience any part of it too. As I was trying to find parking, I loved to see this image.


There was live music happening at Threadgill's, and people were hanging over the side of the fence to enjoy. Awesome. The music scene in Austin is part of what makes living here special. I only wish that I'd had more time to enjoy it all myself this week. There's always next year.

We had a really nice dinner at Zax and then headed over to Auditorium Shores where there was a stage setup for an outdoor concert. We got to catch the last few songs of Spoon, they put on a good show, and then headed back. Alexis and Dana went to enjoy some more of SXSW afterwards, but I decided it was best for me to come on home.


But on the way home, I was able to open the sunroof and enjoy the weather. Don't mind that my tank is on Empty (I'm headed to get gas as soon as I hit POST on this), but it was almost 10pm and it was still 73 degrees outside. The lights and commotion on Congress last night was pretty cool too....there were people everywhere enjoying the night.

No comments: