Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I.AM.POOPED.

I spent all day......yes, literally, ALL day, today, running around Austin with a camera crew filming video footage for the upcoming conference that I am managing at work. The guys got in from Utah at 930 this morning, and I got home tonight at 930. A LONG day for AP.

We started this morning running around in my building, went over to the offices across the street, had WAY too much BBQ at Rudy's for lunch, took a trip over to another building in RR, went back to my building, hopped over to Plucker's for some funny footage, came back to my building, made a quick visit to the actual "Round Rock" (I had no clue that this even existed until today), headed downtown to walk around on South Congress, ate again for dinner at South Congress Cafe, did some more walking around, did some driving around, watched the infamous Bats come out for the night from under the SoCo bridge (another first for me), and then wrapped up the night with some more driving around downtown Austin. Almost 12 hours of footage will probably end up being 3-5 minutes of actual video.

I didn't bust out my camera....it's so much easier to be a little inconspicuous with using the iPhone, and the pictures really aren't that bad. I wish that it had a little built in flash, but I'm not complaining.







BUT, the day was great. Steve is hysterical and a blast to be around. Mike and Mike, the camera guys, couldn't have been any nicer to work with....although they DID keep trying to get me on camera even though I insisted that I didn't need to be!! They won in the end....ugh, I am SO not looking forward to seeing how this all works out in the end. KJ did great too, and it was awesome to have him in tow today being our "local guide" for the shoot.

It's days like today that I remember why I love working with the folks that I do so much. It's all about good people. But then, alas, that dream like state comes to a crashing halt, when after 7 hours of not being on email, I log back in and am abruptly reminded of why it's not always peaches and cream, and how it's so easy to loathe the job that I am tasked to do.

Tomorrow will be crazy......playing catch up and doing all the things that I was given as "action items" today while I was out "playing Hollywood".

Oh well, such is life. Poor poor pitiful me.

Night.

3 comments:

loragaige said...

how fun :) your pics with the iphone are great!

Brett Bollman said...

AP... this is your 24th post in only 18 days! You post so much I can barely even keep up with just my one liner comments!! As I write this... you're probably already preparing your next post! You're a blogging machine! :o)

The iPhone camera takes some great pictures... in the right situations. Looks like you found a few of 'em. It's not too great without a lot of light... and I'm pretty sure you'll struggle to get that famous self portrait with it. :o)

You'll have to see if you can get a copy of this video to post.

Annemarie said...

Struggle?? STRUGGLE?? I already mastered the SP.....well, the SP of one. Haven't tried the group one yet.....but that does sound tricky....or like a challenge!! :)