Friday, April 4, 2008

Lovely Ladies All Around

Got to meet up with some fantastic ladies for a little bit today after work for some much needed relaxing, apps and a little time in the sunshine on the patio at McCormick & Schmick's. With as much as I have going on these days, it's nice to get out and forget about it all, even if it's just for an hour or so.


It's also fun to catch up with friends that I don't get to see all the time.....for instance, here is what I learned this afternoon. Laura has a cat named Milly, who looks just like Molly, but is evidently the devil. Marie just got a 52" TV....must invite myself over for some wine and TV (when I get back around to watching it). Amy's baby invites were finished in 2 hours on Friday, and she gets to pick them up on Monday, can't wait to see them! I also re-scheduled the family photoshoot with her for the morning of April 19, so be on the lookout for some cute baby photos. Hudson was there with Tricia, and not only is he getting so big, he's so stinking CUTE!! I got to catch a few fun pics with Tricia's camera, and one with my iPhone too. That thing is so handy, I tell you what!!!


I headed over to Pam's afterwards, and had the best time catching up with more girls that I hadn't seen in years. Shelley, Melissa, Andrea, Pam and Eva all went to the same high school as I did, but graduated with my youngest sister, Taylor.


I have some really fun, and maybe fuzzy, memories from over the years with these girls...whether it was when they would come to visit me at A&M when they were still in high school.....or come to visit me in Austin when they were just getting out of college themselves....I've always had a blast with these girls, and they have always been like little sisters to me. I wish that I would have had friends like them when I was in junior high and high school. Alysia and Lindsey were there too from A&M, it was so much fun - they were all in town celebrating Melissa's upcoming wedding in 2 weeks. We ate enchiladas, drank wine, listened to old school music, danced like idiots, talked like girls do, and then crashed out around 2am. I know that Melissa is going to make a beautiful bride, and her wedding is going to be perfect. I hope that the girls had a great day at the wineries and some fun downtown on Saturday.

No comments: