Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome back y'all!!

Oh, it's good to be home. Today was NUTS!!! I mean, crazy!!!!

I got up at 620am in my San Jose hotel room to catch the shuttle to the airport. Nancy Sinatra in the hotel lobby at 645am was a little bit too much, but I made it. After I arrived at my gate, I worked up until the very minute I got on the plane. Worked almost the entire flight. I ended up having 3 seats to myself, so at least that part was nice.

Landed at 210pm CDT. Before I even got off the plane, I had to log back on, get on WiFi to email the file I'd been working on during my flight, before my 230pm conference call.

The battery on my laptop had all but died, so I ran to baggage claim, and plugged it in while waiting for my bag. When Renae drove up to get me, I was plugged back in out front of the airport, already deep into the conference call.

I didn't get to say anything much more than 'hi' to her on my ride home. She was so awesome to carry my (still) 46 pound suitcase up my stairs for me while I was still on my call. Molly was SOOOOO excited to see me that I had to apologize for her meowing on my call.

Almost 2 hours later, the call wrapped up and I was able to unwind a bit....back at home...in Austin.

I was fortunate to be able to see Renae again, and meet up with her and Tricia for some sushi at Mikado tonight for some much needed catching up tonight at Mikado. It was, as always, great girl time, and some really good sushi.

Tricia always has fabulous shoes....so that is the reason for the fun shoe shot. No, Renae and I didn't plan the gray outfits or shoes for the evening. :)


I'm glad to be home. I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight with Molly meowing, but at some point I'll unpack and get settled back into the swing of things in Texas.

My mom and youngest sister will be here tomorrow for the weekend, and I am super excited!! Got lots of fun things planned for the next few days - be sure to check back! :)

P.S. Tara - if you're reading, and you think about it before I get the chance....call me! I am in dire need of a haircut!! :)

3 comments:

Brett Bollman said...

Ummmm... yeah.... "for some sushi at Mikado tonight for some much needed catching up tonight at Mikado." I can't let that one slide... and I'm pasting it into the comments so it will live on. (Even after your mother has sent you an email to correct it.)

Glad you made it home safe I am glad! How did we not eat sushi while you were out here we didn't eat sushi?!?

Annemarie said...

Um.....yikes!!! Guess I didn't do a preview before posting last night....long day!! How embarrassing! :)

Brett Bollman said...

Ummm... something tells me it's not your proper grammar that's got all of your friends and family hitting refresh on your blog ten times every day. :o)

True embarassment is for the person who's got like 30 blog posts they want to write... but never gets around to any of them. ( Cough cough )