Saturday, October 11, 2008

Best in LA

Ah…..what a lovely Saturday in SoCal!!! Brett and I briefly stopped by Dayna and Dave’s school in the afternoon, they were running a function for the kids and their parents complete with a chili contest, those blow up jumpy things, and a dunking booth. I felt sorry for the student that was in the booth because it was chilly outside!!! It was absolutely a beautiful day, but just cold enough in the shade for me to need a jacket . I surely would have been shivering if I was the unlucky one to be chosen for the dunking!

We grabbed a sandwich with all intentions of having a little picnic on the “boardwalk” (only because I can’t figure out what else to call it) overlooking the beach, but the winds kept us inside the car to eat instead. We sat in the car, windows down, ate and watched the people walk and run by. We even caught a glimpse of an actor, he was tall, lanky, balding, I can still see his face in my head, but neither of us can figure out who it was!!! Even when he ran back by, we were drawing a blank. Google didn’t come through this time for me….are you as surprised as me that “bald older tall actor” didn’t come up with who I was looking for? :)


Since we were on the water’s edge, we knew that we’d have to grab a few pictures. One of the (many) reasons that I adore Brett is that he’s so much fun when taking pictures. People might not believe me when I say that most of the pictures we take are because he remembers to grab them. Yup, we are definitely a match.


D&D called to tell us that they were finished for the day, so we all jumped in one car and headed for a quick treat at Starbucks. The warm White Chocolate Mocha was the perfect late afternoon delight as we tossed around a few ideas for evening festivities.


We decided to start out at Bottle Rock, a wine bar in Santa Monica. We were very much entertained by Bernar, our French waiter, and pleased with our wine and cheese selections. Ever tried honey on cheese? Do it….yum-my!!


The cheeses didn’t quite fill us up, so it was back to the drawing board to figure out what to really fill our tummies with….then Dayna remembered about “the best burger in LA” at Father’s Office. After a quick phone call to see if there was a line (A line? For a restaurant? Well, it is LA…..), we ventured over towards that area….only to find that in the 5 minutes it took us to get there, a few others had made the same decision. BUT….it was worth the short wait. The burger was messily scrumptious!!! Definitely go try this if you’re ever in the area.



The last stop for the night was to get our bowl on! Brett had been talking trash all afternoon about how great of a bowler he was….so we just HAD to see this. It was a really fun night....Brett has the desire to try and redeem himself when we're in Vegas...I'll let you see for yourself how the scores ended up (go Dave and AP - hee hee!!!!).


The end of the evening ended us all up on the couch, finishing off the remains of the ice cream, Brett and Dave deep into a pretty deep discussion, Dayna and me falling asleep to the sweet sounds of their voices....awwww, yeah, that was totally dorky. :)

Definitely one of my best days in LA! :)

8 comments:

~Kara~ said...

Hooray for Dorkyness! It makes you smile!! Having a good time I see :)

Unknown said...

You crazy kids. Your smiles are contagious.

Peace - Rene

All About the Arredondos said...

Awesome!!! What was on your burger?? That looked delicious!! So glad you are having fun and thank you for keeping us up to date with All Things :)

Sarah Shalley said...

can you name a movie the guy was in? :) looks like an amazing time.

JakesMom31 said...

Um, why didn't you take a PICTURE of the actor? Then we could have helped you!!

And yes, I love love love honey on Parmesan or any hard salty cheese. I learned to do that in Rome. Ha ha, I am so fancy!

So happy you are having fun. I love the kissy picture!

Hi to Brett!

Shyla said...

Is it cheesy to say that seeing you two together truly makes my heart smile?

mmmmm..... I LOVE IT ;)

Mary Marantz said...

ok...you two are officially the BEST thing ever!!! I'm with Shy....my heart is definitely smiling right now!!

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun getting to know you better! Can't wait until the next time!
Dayna