Monday, October 13, 2008

Santa Barbara.....here I come!

I kind of like getting up super early for work here in CA. Monday morning conference calls that are normally at 8am in Texas, come at 6am here.....which might seem like a bear, but I almost like it. Getting an early start on the day, working while it's quiet, able to get a lot of stuff done.....but that also means that the day ends early - so maybe that is the part that I really like. :)

We got all packed up, and hit the road to Santa Barbara around lunchtime. Driving along the 1, the Pacific Coast Highway, the PCH, to get here...wow, how cool. The water to the left side of the truck, we were zooming with the windows down, music up, the cool breeze (yes, I had on long sleeves and a jacket).....it was beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice.


After driving for a while, I had my head down because I was working (the WiFi card rocks), I looked up to see a new scene. We'd heard about some fires that were in LA, and it was apparent that the Santa Ana winds were blowing the remnants of the fires towards the ocean. It almost looked like a funnel and they were being dumped into the water. Pretty scary.


We arrived in Santa Barbara, and after getting a little bit more work done from Brett's house, went over and cooked Turkey Chili for dinner at the house I'm staying with Crystal. Kirsten was still out of town, so it was just the 3 of us. After dinner, we sat around on the couch and chilled for a bit.

After Brett left, Crystal and I put on Serendipity. I totally crashed out about 10 minutes into it, and woke up a little while later, and decided to just turn in. I have another call early tomorrow morning and while getting up at 6am might not be too difficult, staying up past 11pm is proving to be a challenge.

It's nice to be here, and I'm looking forward to the next few days in SB.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want a drive where your camera won't leave your face, PCH north of San Fransisco. It's amazing.

-the fish