Friday, October 10, 2008

Hanging with D&D

After Dayna came home from work, we decided that it was time to get outside and headed out for a walk. I am in love with the weather here. It was almost chilly enough in the shade to need a jacket, but instead we decided to get a little worked up and took some time to have fun on the playground.


Our walk landed us at Whole Foods, and we picked up a few things to cook dinner at home. Dayna and Dave cooked up some yummy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry. They insisted that Brett and I chill and relax while they slaved away in the kitchen - so we did just that.


We had the most wonderful night filled with stories of friendship, family, faith, and so much more. After sitting at the dinner table for a while, we pulled up the chair and couch in the living room, brought over the candles, grabbed 4 spoons and the tub of Reese's Ice Cream, and continued our conversations. Whoever said you don't need much to enjoy each other's company, was talking about a night like tonight. It was perfect.

I also must share that I'm a little bit in love with Brett and Dave's friendship. That might sound weird, but I challenge you to not feel the same way when around these two. It is so refreshing to see, and the joy and laughter surrounding them, well, it's just contagious.

But, I can't forget to mention Dayna - she's awesome, and it's been great getting to know her too. We learned that we are both the oldest of 3 girls, played the flute in high school, and enjoy some of the same authors. I'm so glad to be here, and am excited about spending more time this weekend with D&D!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So I'm just browsing your site. I found you because we share the same love for We Shot the Moon (although I just recently heard about them) and found out you are also nuts about photography (though you are far better than I).
I'm a Canadian girl just doing my thing.
Just wanted to say hi and I'll probably add you to my google reader. :)
Cheers
Vanessa

Brett Bollman said...

Dave has sexy legs... that's the only reason I like him. Look at those things!!!

Anonymous said...

Annemarie,
Since you didn't get the email I'll try this again. I love reading your blog. It's great seeing you guys have so much fun with D&D, and seeing Brett so happy! We are anxious to meet you and welcome you to our home. As you saw in the pictures, things are really quite a mess, but hopefully the driveway will be cleared off by then. Can't wait! Betty (Brett's mom)

~Kara~ said...

Word up! Glad you are having fun times! I'm waiting on daily blogs with every single detail to every single day... I miss loo.