Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One small step for (wo)man......

Yesterday morning was a first for me….I made the coffee that was supplied in my hotel room. It was actually quite simple, and I felt a small (very small) sense of accomplishment for taking this leap. It wasn't Starbucks...but it had caffeine, and that was the point. I then proceeded to drink 3 more cups during the day of training, none of those which I had to brew myself.

The day of training couldn’t have gone any better, so I was very thankful for that. We had an evening event at Brigantine, although, I retired relatively early, as I had about 4 hours of work waiting for me upon my return. It was after 11pm before I knew it, and I did my best to get some sleep before my 420am alarm (yikes!).

So, this morning, I made the coffee again…..and I think that I’ll be doing this from now on (EDITED to ADD: I just checked into my hotel in San Jose, and I won't be making the coffee in this room tomorrow morning....it's the old fashioned kind, and not the super easy pod type). My only issue is that there was not nearly enough creamer or sugar for me to turn what would look like a normal cup of coffee into the sugary delight that I enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you know that sometimes you can make cup a soup and instant oatmeal in those things?!!

The first time my friend showed me that I thought she hung the damn moon!

Enjoying your sojourns, Hope you are having fun!

You guys were too freakin' adorable eatin' sammiches on the beach! :)

Peace - Rene

Shyla said...

OMG... lavAzza is way better than Starbucks (which is WAY better than Dunkin btw).
I dont like coffee by itself but I will actually drink LavAzza...
yum.

Shaunna said...

A little powdered creamer in your 46lb suitcase next time will remedy that hotel room coffee ;) Texas welcomes you home!