Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MOUSE SMALL!!!

Every once in a while, we remember to get together for a good ole fashioned Girl's Night In. I was so happy to host our little get together tonight......salad, spaghetti, angel food cake, and girl time.

We ate, caught up, talked, laughed, and did what girls do (wouldn't all the men readers like to know), and had a fantastic time.

I took a quick break while everyone was finishing up eating, and grabbed a few quick shots of Kara. Isn't she gah-gush? :) We didn't get down and outside until well after 7pm, and so there wasn't much of it left, but I was trying to play a little with the remaining sunlight. I love how it bounces off her beautiful curls in this shot.


Of course, I had to get a group shot before it was Caleb's bedtime, and I think that we were all happy with this one. :) I love these girls, and am so glad that we got to spend some time together catching up. Honestly, is there anything better in life than quality girl time? Yeah, I didn't think so!



After Stacy, Lisa, and Caleb had to head home, the rest of us sat down to a grueling game of Taboo! It's been years since I've played this game, but I love it. We made two teams, and since Laura is the birthday girl (Friday), she got to play on both teams.

Some of the rounds, the teams rocked.....getting 7 clues guessed in the time allowed....and then some of the rounds, yeah, we weren't so great.

My favorite round, Renae was trying to get Kara and Laura to answer correctly the clue she had in front of her.

She gave the clues:
Rodent.............In a film..........Opposite of Large...........

Some of the answers that were SO close:
Rat.......Mouse....Small....Tiny.....Mickey.........Oh!! MOUSE SMALL!!!

I was doing the buzzing for this round, and about lost it when Kara blurted out "MOUSE SMALL" and just was so confident that this was the answer. This tirade went on for the entire time, and no one ever made the right guess.

Can you guess what the answer was?

STUART LITTLE!!!

The moms in the room said "OH!! Our kids would be saying "Duh!".

Surprise - Laura's team ended up winning......isn't that nice how we did that for the birthday girl? It was a close call, but overall a really fun night! :)

Afterward, Kara and Laura helped me whittle down my ridiculous packing to an acceptable level, and now I'm headed to bed.

Even though it's not as often as I'm sure we all would like, I am thankful for all of my girlfriends, and for the time that I get to spend with them tonight. Until next month......

2 comments:

All About the Arredondos said...

Thank you for having us!! It was a great time...Great friends, great food, great laughs!!! We will miss you while you are gone!! Glad that your suitcase has wheels!! :)

Beankountess said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so sorry I missed it.

Have a great trip and don't forget about us!