Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Glorious"

Sunday started out with us driving down the 101, when I looked out the window and thought "What a glorious day!". I then said it outloud, I just couldn't keep the thought inside. I wasn't even sure that I'd used that word before, but it just came to me.....and it was true. It was a beautiful Sunday, the windows were down, the weather was great, and I was on my way to Reality Carpenteria with Brett.

I've heard Britt's messages before online, and had been looking forward to seeing him in person. After we found what seemed to be the last two available seats in the place, I was in amazement. I don't think he took more than about 5 breaths the entire time, but whoa, his message was awesome. I loved every bit of it, and it was so interesting. We learned what a quattuordecillionth was, and why that was important. I won't go into it, but if you're interested....check out the notes here.

After, we were starved....so we walked down the street into the main town of Carp, and chose to eat at The Spot - a local, hamburger dive - and it definitely.....hit the spot. Well, mine did anyways. Brett's choice (double cheeseburger with chili) was the messiest thing I had ever seen, but he was the one that had to eat it, and he enjoyed every bite.


We drove back towards SB, and walked over to the pier and checked out some of the street vendors along the way. I got a good giggle out of thinking that it was this same exact spot, almost 7 months ago, that we visited the first time I'd been in SB.



At some point in the afternoon, when I was packing up my stuff, I realized that I didn't have my camera! DOH!! I had left it at DJ's house (thank goodness I knew where it was), so we stopped by to get that and say hello. Bobby and Lindsey Earle were there hanging out with Paul, filming for their new site. For anyone that is interested in having a professional edit film footage, be sure to check out Paul's new venture: Photographer's Reel. Not only is Paul a stand up guy, he does such a great job on his films!!!

The sun was going down right as we were leaving, so we had to grab a shot. :) Yeah, that's DJ's view. There are some trees that block the actual sun setting, so it's not the perfect view....but you can still see the effects of the sun saying goodnight......I mean, I'd be OK with that every night.


We stopped by VONS on the way back home and grabbed all the makings for some tacos for dinner. Kyle, DJ, Allie, and Paul all joined us, and we ate and ate until we couldn't eat any more......and then we all chatted until it seems our throats ran dry. A perfect way to spend my last night in SB. I'm bummed to be leaving tomorrow, it's been so wonderful being here in CA, and NV, with Brett. Luckily, he'll be coming to see me again soon in Texas.

4 comments:

Anne said...

A beautiful ending to a wonderful visit. Looking forward to your TX visit, Brett.

kennykimdotcom said...

ok i'm jealous that brett is in all these photos with you. :) Good times.

Shaunna said...

What a wonderful whirlwind of a visit!! Thanks for sharing all the pics and stories.

Brett Bollman said...

That was a rather wonderful Sunday!! You make most days more wonderful though!