Friday, October 3, 2008

BLEZT.

Just like his license plate says.....BLEZT.....that's how I feel.

That is one of the first things that I noticed when I met Brett. Well, it was maybe one of the first 10 things. First it was how much his smile made me do the same, second was what a great hug that he gave, then, somewhere in the next 7 things, I noticed his license plate.

No, I'm not a weird stalker-ish type person, it's just something that I notice....blame my mother. She will blurt out some little ditty while sitting at a stop light, and when we say "Huh?". She'll say "Make My Day, March 1984.....MMD 384. The license plate in front of us". So, yes, I notice license plates....anyways, let's move on.

My day started out like any other Friday. 730am shower. 8am Friday conference call, and then more work. I worked from home, well, Laura's home, today, instead of the office. Nice thing about this job is that if I'm online and can answer my phone, then I can work from anywhere.

So, I must admit that I also often find it hard to concentrate all day long. With the internet being right at my fingertips and all.....and as I know what the internet holds (oh, all the blogs with pretty pictures)....I take short quick breaks and click on my Google Reader to see what it has for me from time to time. Not every minute.....but maybe once every couple hours?? :)

Well, late this afternoon, when we were wrapping up for the day, Laura, Andrew and I were all in the game room, the TV was on, we were chatting, and I clicked my reader and let it open in a new tab. It showed (3), and so I looked over to see what goodies were in store for me.

I saw a new post from Jasmine, and I so love her posts, for her words AND her photos, so I started to read it. I was on my work laptop, which has a small screen, so this is all I saw when I started to read.

I noticed that it was one of Jasmine's "Anytime" shoots, and that there was only one name there, and it was Brett, but didn't think anything of it. I started to read...and when I got to the part that said "When Brett asked if I could take pictures of him.....". I stopped and was like "?!!???! Surely it couldn't be my Brett. He didn't mention anything to me about a photoshoot".

I scrolled down.

And saw this.


And.......um.....my jaw dropped and I just stared at the screen.

I quickly sent Brett a text message that just said "Um...WHAT?!?!?!". Normally I would just call, but I wasn't ready to talk yet....I was still speechless. And sweaty....because.....seriously?!??!! Did you look at the pictures?? Yeah, I agree....he's beautiful. (Insert sappy sigh here).

I looked over at Laura and just said "Um, check Jasmine's blog please.....right now!", so she could see what had me so verklempt.

Not 5 minutes later my phone rings. It's Brett. He tells me about how on Sunday, after Shyla sent him a sneak preview from her phone of one of the pics she shot of me, he asked his buddy DJ to get a few shots of him, for me. Well, DJ remembered that Jasmine was coming to Santa Barbara that week, and said that she'd be perfect for it....so Brett started scheming and didn't let on at ALL to me about his plan.

So, back to the BLEZT, blessed, part. It's a new word to me. It's not one that I ever used before, or even felt that comfortable using, knowing what it really means....but, it is just how I feel lately in my life. My friends, my family, my passions, my happiness, my life....Brett. All of it brings me such joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Thank you to Jasmine for capturing Brett as I see him.....beautiful. I consider myself lucky enough to be someone that knows, however, that is only half as much as he is on the inside.

Ok....that's all for now. I have a "phone date" in 30 minutes and I still have to get ready! :) Hee hee...I know, we're pretty cute. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You certainly are BLEZT!

What a sweet blog.

With all the negative garbage that enters into our lives, on a daily basis, it's nice to be able to sift through it all and count our blessings.

btw My Daddy did the same thing with license plates! :)

Peace-Rene

suzanne said...

I feel blessed to know you Annemarie,
I am excited to see whats in store for you too over the next months ;)
Suzanne

DCM Photography said...

Now that you and Brett each have your own stellar photos, you need to get together and have some done as a couple. You're both so photogenic!

All About the Arredondos said...

I am blessed to have you as a very wonderful and dear friend!!! We met by chance and I feel so lucky to call you my friend :)

thank you!
LA

Anonymous said...

I would like to think Brett is the guy he is today in large part because of me : ) I am only messing. I cant wait for you to arrive here on the west coast. Hope all is well and D and I are eagerly awaiting your arrival.