Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Work Meetings Full of Presentations, Golf Putting and Silly Flower Girls

Today was the second full day of our manager's meeting in North Carolina. Over the last two nights, Laura and I haven't been getting much sleep in anticipation for giving our presentations to the full room of attendees today. We stayed up way too late on Sunday night putting them together, some time on Monday night perfecting them, and then applying a few finishing touches just this morning - nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!

When we walked into the room that was setup for our meetings today....I was a little worried. Well, not worried, but....well, not sure what I was. I wasn't too nervous about presenting, but the room was a little bit intimidating to say the least.


The morning went by as fast as it could....and then came the fateful hour when it was time for us to start. I was set to go first, but luckily, one of the other practice managers had to get to a lunch meeting, so my spot was swapped with his - phew!!!

Laura went in the first half of the group, and she did awesome. With as nervous as she was, I wasn't sure what to expect - but she killed it!! I went last....and it went a lot better than I expected. We only had 15 minutes to get it all complete, and while I talk fast, there was a lot that I wanted to get in front of this group while I had the opportunity.

The evening activity before dinner was a putting competition. There were about 13 teams of 2 - Laura and I teamed up and did our best to not do too poor of a job representing Texas. Well, on the 15 hole putting course, we ended up at +12. So, we have no future in golf - but we sure did have a good time!! We even won the last place prize at the start of dinner. :)


Dinner was yummy, I cleaned every plate that they brought in front of me, and it was great to get to spend some time getting to know the management team on a smaller scale group. Henson even showed us a trick that he'd learned during his 14 years as a bartender, and pulled a cork out of an empty bottle of wine. Laura tried to emulate the trick...it might take more than a few tries to master this one!

2 comments:

DCM Photography said...

Gotta love team building!

All About the Arredondos said...

aww, you are so sweet! thank you for the compliments :)

you did awesome too! I think everyone was impressed with both of us! We make a great team!!
LA