Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Night Fun with AP, ToniLoo and Gracie!!!

Kara, Terry and Ava took off for a little weekend getaway.....there wasn't enough room in the car for Gracie, so Toni and I came over to hang out with her because she's just not tall enough to set the alarm at night. Just teasing on the car part....but Grace was going to stay home for this one, so we were babysitting the little angel.

Kara has this crazy idea in her head that Gracie is a little devilish child.......I have no idea what she's talking about.....especially after today.

She was ready to get up from her nap right after K, T and A left....and I walked into a smiling baby, ready to play.


We played out in the backyard for a bit, and then I decided to get us to the park instead. We played on the slide, and walked around for a while, and started to head back. I thought it would be good to take the other route back to the house - I was pretty sure I knew where I was going.

Well....oops!! I must have gotten turned around, because I didn't end up back on their street....but instead somewhere else in the neighborhood. Both of us were getting a little tired, so I whipped out my iPhone and it was (once again) Maps to the rescue!! I found where we were.....located K&T's house....and phew, we made our way back before we were both too pooped! It's been pretty nice here during the day, but it was definitely back up in the 90s this afternoon. Both of our cheeks were pretty pink after our unplanned walk!

When we got back home, I did as the instructions were posted - and opened the cabinet for Gracie to play. She had a grand ole time pulling out all the tupperware, as well as getting IN the cabinet herself. I had to grab my camera while she was playing - she was just too stinking cute!


She even helped me put them all away before we went back outside to dig a little more before dinner.


Toni came and joined us, and we made the yummy din din of Mac n Cheese with Hotdog! If Kara hadn't just cooked up some yummy Chicken Tetrazinni, we were probably going make triple of what she was eating - hers looked just as good!!

Kara made us a little goodie basket too - she's so thoughtful! :)


After dinner, it was time for some playing....and the Noggin network. We learned how to do the 'Yeti Stomp' from the Backyardigans! I don't think that I'll be able to get that song out of my head, but I must say, that out of all the different kiddo shows out there - I actually enjoyed this one. Those little guys are adorable, and their tunes aren't half bad! "Stomp, stomp, stomp.....doing the Yeti Stomp - YETI YETI YETI!!!!".


After putting Gracie to bed, we got a call from Kara, and assured her that her little girl was doing great!! She was half in shock, but happy to know that, and was going to get some good sleep tonight knowing so! Toni and I did our best to keep our eyes open to watch The Bucket List, but we didn't even make it half way through before we both turned in for the evening.

It'll be an early morning, waking up with the kiddo.....but I bet it makes it that much easier for Kara and Terry to do it on a daily basis, to be reminded how lucky they are to have two perfect little girls with smiling faces when they do!

6 comments:

Beankountess said...

Lazytown was my personal NOGGN favorite show!
Go Sportacus and Stephanie.

Till next time GracieLoo~

Brett Bollman said...

Looked like a fun night to me!

All About the Arredondos said...

um, so what is your going rate? I would love to hire you ladies!!! Cute, cute!!

~Kara~ said...

Ha! Gotta love Sportacus! Is it wrong I think he's halfway hot?

Thank you both for taking such good care of our Little CareBear.
She told me she had a super-fun time and loves her Auntie ToniLoo and Auntie AP. :)

Next year, same time same place?
hhahahahahahahahahahahahah.

(I will make time to separate the orange and red sourpatch kids from the others)

~Kara~ said...

Hey, I just re-read this and am cracking up. You have a YouTube link and everything. You are HILARIOUS. thx again ladies. :)

Beankountess said...

LOL!! I just re-read this and Kara's comment about a YouTube video - so I clicked on the darn hyperlink and now I have the Stomp song in my head!! I better not be singing this fruitloop song tomorrow!