Friday, September 12, 2008

There's a Rudy's Rookie in Austin!!

My favorite Californian, Brett, is back in Austin for a few days, visiting his favorite Texan (yes, I took liberties at that statement....) before heading home to Santa Barbara....so I've been trying to be sure that he experiences a few more "local" things while he's here.

Today, for lunch, we picked up Toni, and went over to have some yummy BBQ at Rudy's. Since it was Brett's first time there, we tattled, and were sure to let the folks at the counter know this. "Have you all been to Rudy's before?". Toni and I had....plenty of times...but Brett? Hee hee - "He hasn't!!".

"WE'VE GOT A ROOKIE HERE!!"


After it was announced to the entire restaurant, Brett was treated to a few samples. He liked them all - so we decided to get a little bit of each...and proceeded to stuff ourselves silly. I'd say it was a successful trip!! :)

We decided to get out for a bit, and go see a movie. We caught Righteous Kill. It was a great flick, and even better with our illegally snuck in Candy Corn. :) Shhh....don't tell. I think that our punishment was eating the whole bag......ugh, rot gut!!!

On the drive home from the theater, we were witness to the most glorious sunset!! As soon as we pulled into the driveway, and the car was off, we ran upstairs to get the camera, and then back outside to watch up close, and of course, grab a few pics to document the evening.

7 comments:

DCM Photography said...

You and Brett look great together. Good job of introducing him to Rudy's. Hope I can meet you California boy someday.

Anne said...

I'm jealous. I can't find Brach's candy corn here = (. Great pix of the you and Brett, er I was supposed to be looking at the sunset, right?

~Kara~ said...

The sunset seems upstaged in first and last pic. :) How colorful!

~Kara~ said...

Brett couldn't look anymore like a tourist. Actually 'listening' to the instructions from the guy behind the counter and having his picture taken at the same time.

Y'all crack me up.

All About the Arredondos said...

Great pics especially with the sunset behind you guys! What a cute couple!

Autie said...

AP,

I think I went to a Rudy's in NY when I was there with our mom last fall. If it is the same place, it is worth all the rave.

Looks like my brother is wearing a rug in the counter picture. HA! Hopefully he gets to a stylist now that he is back in SB. Next time he is away so long you should just take him to yours.

Glad he was back in Austin for some R&R with you.

He says he is going to head to Vegas for my b-day, which I am excited about, but I know it is mostly to see his Loralyn. ~AL

Annemarie said...

Autie - That's so funny that you say that....we actually met my friend that does my hair briefly on Thursday night, and jokingly asked her if she had her scissors in her car! She didn't...but we were so close to giving her a pair of kitchen shears to do the trick!

Although I didn't blog about it (surprisingly enough) we spent some time getting his hair cut on Saturday, so....it's much better now!

You'd better keep a good eye on Loralyn when Brett's in Vegas....he's been scheming on ways to get her back to SB with him unnoticed! :)