Monday, September 15, 2008

Seriously? What is a Cold Front???

I'm no meteorologist...so I can't explain what happened in the crazy world of weather that resulted in making today as beautiful as it was, but WHOA, was it a nice surprise this morning to walk outside and have it be chilly!

Yes, chilly.....in Austin. Texas. Crazy, I know!!!

I've been reading and hearing about friends, that live in places where it's less stinking hot than Texas, mention having to get out coats (yes, Melissa, I'm referring to you), but thought that we were still a long ways away from getting any relief from the heat.

Well, bring out the long sleeves.....at least for me....it's COLD up in Austin! :) Woohoo!!!

It was a great day, but with a bittersweet ending. I took Brett to the airport this evening to head back home to Santa Barbara. He's been away for a LONG time, so I'm sure that the fine residents of SB are missing him dearly. Hope Kyle has some balloons and streamers ready for your "Welcome Home" party!


When I got home, it was still feeling great outside, so I plopped down on the chair closest to the windows, opened up the balcony door, enjoyed my dinner of coffee and cheese filled crumb cake, and curled up with a good book. :) Going to read more now.....night night everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that you two do look cute together.

Im just saying.

Annemarie said...

We're just trying our best to give you and Dayna a run for your money. :) Will hopefully be seeing you both real soon - fingers are crossed that the calendars sync - can't wait!!

(Hmmmmmm....just thinking outloud now......hope this is the right "David"). :)

Anne said...

Great photo! Love the twinkle in your eyes.

Anonymous said...

It's the right David. Yeah D and I could give you a run for your money, but you two can take a mean picture.

Would love it if we connect while you are out here. Let us know as soon as you have an official date.

Tera said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

Just heard from Brett that you two will probably be staying with us for a bit in October. So exicted! Our conversation was filled with all great things about you! David and I's schedule is now to clear to hang out :)
Dayna

Annemarie said...

News travels fast....and YAY, I'm so excited too! If Brett told you anything else about me, then you might know that I'm "giddy" right now, with a big smile on my face. See you both REAL soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Im not going to lie to you... we are pretty freekin awesome. Can't Wait to hang out. Blessings!

Why does Brett never comment? I know he is reading this stuff.

Annemarie said...

David, D-Bo, Davey....um, Brett is too busy "working", don't you know this? We are creating serious distractions for him right now....and it's oh, so, fun too!