Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Little Tuesday Evening Treat.....and sushi!

Today was crazy busy from start to finish.....lots of stuff to get done, which included a lot of phone calls at work, I'm surprised that I still have a voice!!

But....tonight was a special treat. When I was a freshman in the dorms at A&M, I lived at the end of a very long hall on the 4th floor of Mosher. At the other end of this hall lived a group of fantastic girls that I spent many, many, hours with that year. Some at appropriate hours, and some at the wee hours of the morning in the study carrels....not doing so much studying, but having great girl chat conversations.....when we definitely should have been sleeping. We nicknamed ourselves the "Budro Buddies". We made a lot of awesome memories that year.....including a memorable trip to Del Rio for New Year's Eve - sleepwalk much Annemarie??? Good times! I lost touch with the buddies after moving out of the dorm that year, but the rest of them all stuck together, and are still friends today.

We were put back in touch with each other about 7 years ago, when I sat next to Tricia at work. We were looking through her wedding album, and I saw Karen (who turned out to be her sister) in the pictures! Such a small world! Karen and I figured out that it's been almost 5 years since we'd seen each other last, when a few of us got together for a dinner over the holiday break in Houston.

She and her hubby are displaced from Houston, staying with Tricia, due to having no power at their house, and so we decided it would be perfect to grab a bite and catch up.

We ate the most fabulous sushi (I really do heart Kenobi) and gabbed the whole time. Turns out that Karen is a photog lover too, even though she has a Nikon!!! We chatted about that for a while, reminisced about some college stories, and caught up on current times in our lives.

When I got home, I didn't have to look hard to find the scrapbook that I made from my freshman year in college....wow, hard to believe that it was 14 years ago. Looking at these pictures, it seems like it was just yesterday. Crazy!

A snapshot from memory lane.


And tonight! :)


It's always great to catch up with old friends and see how we've all grown up, and where we are now. It was fantastic to spend some time with you, Karen! Let's not have it be another 5 years before we do it again! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Loved seeing the scrapbook page from college! I lost touch with my roommates from my early years in college so I think it's very cool y'all found each other again and stay in touch!

PS - don't be hatin' Nikon! ;)