Sunday, September 14, 2008

I promise that we did more than just eat today! :)

I am still in shock at the amount of damage that Hurricane Ike did in Houston. Luckily, my parents and sisters all have their power restored, and didn't suffer too much mishap, but it's unbelievable to me how wind and rain can be that destructive. I hope that everyone that was affected is OK, and will let me know what I can do to help.

I read this morning on Mac's blog that they were accepting donations for people affected by the storm, so I pulled out a few of my games and had them all ready to take with me. After Renae and Jeff picked us up, and we were already on the way to the new downtown location of LHC, I realized that I'd left the bag in my house! DOH! I could have kicked myself! It was week 2 of having the remote service at the Austin Music Hall, and it was really awesome. I love the band, the music and Mac is a great person to listen to and watch. I love how he starts out with a story that we can all relate to, and then brings it into what message he's chosen for the day.

Afterwards, we were all starved, which was a great opportunity to introduce Brett to another Austin favorite - Maudie's! One word - YUMMMMM!! Yes, it deserves that many "M"s. :)

The afternoon fun was fulfilled with a family story photo shoot with the Arredondo family (some teaser images to come soon!). I also owe a HUGE thank you to Brett for being my right arm as well as a fantastic babysitter to Ava while I got some pics of Mom and Dad. He also managed to get a few fun shots of me "in action" that I'll share once I've processed the pics. Good times!

On the drive back to their house from the park, we passed by the newly opened Round Rock location of the Salt Lick, and HAD to make a U-turn to stop for some BBQ. It's a totally different BBQ experience in comparison to Rudy's, so I didn't feel bad for having another BBQ stop on this Austin trip for Brett. :)

Our 1.5 hour expected wait, turned out to only be 35 minutes...but that was plenty of time to get a few cute photos...and this adorable video, of Miss Ava. Guess kiddos love that little blue birdie as much as adults! :)



We stuffed our faces....once again....and finished off the day with very full bellies, and smiles on our faces.

2 comments:

All About the Arredondos said...

Cute pics!!! Can't wait to see the rest!! I couldn't sleep last night worrying that we didn't do the right things for you to get good pics...over analyzing I am sure...many thanks to Brett for taking care of Ava :)

Had a great time with you two!
LA

Annemarie said...

I'm sure that the sleepless night had more to do with the amount of meat we consumed!!! The pics are great...can't wait to share them with you! :)