Saturday, September 13, 2008

Humdingers, Gnilleps, Cameos and Lexicons!!!

We were supposed to be in Houston this weekend, but due to the storm threats, we decided to stay put in Austin instead. We'll make it to H-town next time. :)

So, we had a pretty lazy afternoon, but then we decided to get out and run around a bit. I was happy to hear that the girls were going to be home, so Brett and I made a quick trip to say hello to Stacy, Lisa and Caleb. Poor Caleb wasn't feeling well, so he was taking a little nap, but we scored and were able to hang out for a bit with a bunch of the girls as they were having a Guitar Hero gathering in place of watching the UT game. I hadn't seen a lot of them in quite a while, so it was awesome to be able to say HI!

Brett and I had talked about it the night before, so I made a few calls to arrange an impromptu "Game Night" gathering at my place for the evening. After a stop at the grocery store to get some goodies....we whipped up some veggies with dip, cheese/sausage/crackers, and a pickle/olive selection together. We hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I might have gone a little overboard on the snacks for only 6 people. :) But seriously people - I love snacks like that. I could eat cucumbers and red bell peppers with ranch dip every night! Yummm!!!

Kara, Terry, Toni and Scott came over to play. After recomposing ourselves due to Terry's side-splitting humor while snacking, we decided on Cranium for our game of choice. I was surprised that no one else had played it before (so I secretly though....heh heh....got this one in the bag). We teamed up as couples, and we were off for some friendly competition!

My first clue to get Brett to guess was to "Cameo" (act like, mimicking speech and actions, but not saying names or places) Kenneth Starr. Ummmm.....yeah.......right! I tried to get him to guess Bill Clinton to even get close to where I would be going and that didn't really work out that well.

Kara and Terry, and Toni and Scott, both did really great! Back to me and Brett - yeah, well, we didn't really fare so well. :) We got a few tough breaks, some bad rolls, mixed in with some right answers, but before we knew it, the other teams were in the final circle and we weren't even 1/4 of the way through the board. DOH!! Oh well....despite us both being self proclaimed pretty competitive spirits, we had a great time losing together. :)

Molly even came out to say hello after a while.....and even more shocking, she let Toni hold her long enough for us to take a few pics until we got one that we were all happy with!

3 comments:

kennykimdotcom said...

Hi Annemarie - you win the most diligent blogger award. :) I don't know most of the folks in your blog except for Brett ;-) but it's fun reading up on what you've been up to. Good times!

Annemarie said...

Woohoo - my first blog award - hee hee!! Thanks Kenny, I'll gladly accept it....but, I don't have any speech prepared - doh!

Next game night - scrabble - I'll fly you in! :)

Brett Bollman said...

Ok... we pretty much sucked it up this night! We'll definitely need a rematch because it just didn't seem right to lose THAT badly!