Thursday, October 23, 2008

Working through the week...it's going by too fast!!!

Tuesday morning was kind of neat. Working from the living area of the apartment at DJ's, through the side balcony door, you can see a bit of the sun coming up over Santa Barbara. I think I could get used to that....well, not so much the getting up before the sun does every day, but the sunrise was pretty beautiful!

We both had a pretty long work day, and went to home group on Tuesday night. I made my famous Chicken Fiesta and we enjoyed that while hanging out a bit with Kyle and Bethany at the house after.

Wednesday was again work. Sorry I don't have much more to report, but unfortunately, it's not a vacation while I'm out here...it's been pretty normal. Working, cooking dinner, hanging out, etc. I'm really enjoying it, and I think it'll be a shock when I go back home and am in a different environment. If only I could get Molly and my friends out here too, then I'd probably never go back to Austin. :)

Thursday night I made a yummy salmon dinner for me, Brett, Kirsten and Kyle. I thought I might have gone overboard on all the food - salmon, veggies, mashed potatoes and pasta - but we all turned out to be pretty good eaters, and we didn't really end up with that much leftover.





With our stuffed bellies, Bethany and Scott came to join us, and we all watched The Office. I have watched a few episodes since being here, for the first time, and boy, is that a weird show?? I can see how people are pretty fanatical about it though.....that awkward funny...it's good.

No comments: