Thursday, October 9, 2008

This California Girl comes home......

Bet some of you didn't know that I'm a California Girl. Yup, I was born in Lancaster.....about 60 miles north of LA. I've never really lived in CA, so the next 3 weeks will be some sort of a homecoming for me.

I flew from Austin to El Paso to LA tonight. I'll be here for the next 3 weeks, going between LA, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, San Diego and San Jose, before heading back home. I'll definitely be getting my use out of my new WiFi card as I will be working the entire time I'm here. (I tell you what, it was so nice to be at the airport and be connected and not have to be paying $10 for a 24 hour period....I'm such a big dork, I know it!)

I updated Twitter as soon as I landed last night "I can't even believe it. I'm here!!! ;)". When I checked it again 6 minutes later, I saw Brett's post: "Woo Hoo!!!". I got the giddiest smile on my face, and I'm sure that the other passengers waiting to deboard the plane were wondering what was making me smile so big. After getting through the terminal, I hopped down the stairs, because waiting on the escalator would have taken too long to get to the bottom, walked through the crowd and, at first, didn't see him. Then I turned the corner, and was able to get a good chuckle while I watched him looking for me for about 5 seconds, before he turned and saw me walking towards him. We haven't stopped smiling yet.

I was starved, and while the snack that Brett picked me up managed to tide me over for the drive out of the airport, we had to get something to eat. Well, we're in CA, so why not go for some In-N-Out?? The last time I was in LA, Lora and I had tried to find the one closest to the airport with no luck, so it'd been a while since my last experience.

I wasn't really paying attention when we were standing in line, so when it was time for me to order, I ended up doing it all wrong. Well, not wrong, but without the insider info of ordering it "animal style" or something like that....but, nonetheless, it was yummy....oh how I love that they pile on the onions there!! :)

We sat in the parking lot and chatted for a while. We had to catch each other up on what'd been happening in the last few days, since it was his idea to heighten our anticipation of seeing each other by not talking since Monday. I thought it was a silly plan, but I was challenged....and I'm not competitive at all (hee hee), so I accepted and managed to complete it too!



We made it to Dave and Dayna's, and they are so sweet to make it feel like home here - complete with Sour Patch Kids and M&Ms in candy dishes on the kitchen table, Entenmann's Cheese Filled Crumb Coffee Cake in the kitchen for breakfast, and the coffee pot set to start brewing at 530am. It's going to be a fun few days here at the O'Neil house! (Oh, and can I mention that it's the most perfect lovely weather here too - the kind where you wear a little jacket just because it's slightly chilly - I.LOVE.IT!!!)

So, I just thought I'd post quickly and let everyone know that I made it, and I'm going to do my best to keep this updated while I am here....instead of updating when I get back. :)

5 comments:

Sassani Photography said...

The hype of in-n-out is all in the name. When I moved to Arizona back in '05, thats the first thing we found and tried... and although it was different, I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Enjoy your time out there, I love it when I go out to LA to visit family. Always sad to leave that weather behind and come back to the Humidity that is Texas!!! :(

Unknown said...

Annemarie, I mean this in he best possible way :) I hope that you are having so much fun that you do not have enough time to update us all!

Peace - Rene

Brett Bollman said...

In-N-Out... romantic right?!?

Sarah Shalley said...

love it. wish i were there with my hubby. :) houston is having some nice weather though. never been to cali! super jealous.

Autie said...

Glad you are on the West Coast Annemarie. Looking forward to you two being in Vegas!!