Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday in Vegas - Part One

First things first......HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rob! :)

Friday morning calls, in Vegas, still come as early as they did in California. So, I was up early this morning working, but got to experience a little treat during my lunch break.

We met Brett's sister, Autumn (HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too!), and niece, Loralyn, at her music class. When we first got into the class, Loralyn was a little shy with her Uncle Brett watching her. But, after a while, she warmed up, and was thoroughly enjoying the songs, games, bubbles, and activities that all the little ones were doing. I brought along my camera, and managed to get a few cute shots. Boy, do these little guys move fast! :)





We walked across the street for a short bit after class to play on slides at the park. At this point, Loralyn had warmed up a bit to having us there, and it wasn't long before it was "Watch me Brett"...."Chase me Brett"....."Over here Brett". I don't think I've ever seen a grown man more excited by this than Brett, it's very much adorable how sweet he is on Loralyn. :)





All the running around worked up our appetites, and so we decided to grab some sandwiches at Schlotzsky's. Brett's Dad and Grandma (Gigi) came to meet us too. I've already enjoyed so much getting to know Brett's family!! It's just like being at home. :)

I thought I'd share something that I learned while at lunch. I was wearing my Austin shirt, and the person at the counter said "Ah, you're from Austin...you definitely know about Schlotzsky's". I guessed that he meant that there are locations in Texas too....BUT.....I just looked it up...and DID YOU KNOW that the restaurant actually was founded in Austin?? I had no idea! Very cool! :)

1 comment:

All About the Arredondos said...

Fun!!! Um, I would have to say that little cutie pie Loralyn resembles her Uncle Brett! I see a definite resemblance! I am glad tha tthey are taking such good care of you, but I hope you dont get too comfortable so that you will come back to Austn after all it is where Schlotzsky's was founded! He he! great trivia!