Monday, March 31, 2008

Meet my Editor

Some of you are probably wondering why my posts are always grammatically correct, spelled perfectly, and all of my verbs are properly conjugated....especially when quite a few of my posts are late in the evening.....after being out (or just a night at home by my lonesome), which, sometimes.......just sometimes, involves some adult beverages.



But, I digress. Despite that I was raised by someone who corrects library books if there are errors....... and for that reason I paid extra attention to the dangling prepositions, participles, and gerunds in English classes during my formative years.....but.....I also have a secret Blog Editor.

Meet Anne. Otherwise known as my mom. She instilled upon me the proper usage of "I" and "me" (which to this day drives me a little bit bat s#$% crazy when used improperly), the difference between "your" and "you're" (I will never date someone who doesn't know how to use the two correctly), and the person that helped me win the homonym competition in grade school, master my spelling tests, and sometimes did my vocabulary homework in 6th grade because she got more entertainment out of it than me.

Besides my annoying habits regarding grammar, she also taught me to "pay off your credit card bills each month". I am not sure that she ever really taught me this, but I think that she mumbled it to herself when I was around and she was paying bills. I also know there were other things that she mumbled to herself when I was around too, that I probably heard but didn't heed....but I turned out OK I think anyways. :)

So....if you're in need of a secret blog editor....I am sure she has already noticed your little erroneous tidbits, just let me know if you want to start getting the emails titled "blog" so you can fix them before most others notice. :)




Thought I would also share this cute pic of Molly peering out over the mess that is me organizing my filing cabinet tonight. I'm so glad that I get to share my chaos of a life with her and I am sure that she feels the same.




One last picture so you can all be A. embarrassed for me, and B. make fun of me. :) This is why I keep myself as busy, and out of the house, as much as possible. On nights that I stay at home, here is what I end up doing.....all night.


4 comments:

~Kara~ said...

I need an editor! What do I get if I have zero errors?!

Brett Bollman said...

Your mom is a lurker too! She reads and never comments. Doesn't she know that it would be more fun for all of us if she chimed in with witty banter. And whoops... if she just happened to reveal embarassing things about you as well... all the better!

C'mon Mrs. P... let us have all those wonderful comments!

~Kara~ said...

Mmm, oreo's. My fav.
I'm a little concerned about that huge plant, it looks like you have your computer workspace inside of it...

Anonymous said...

You do stay up all night. I'll be online, and you'll be online and it'll be 11pm and I'm thinking...Wait...she's in Texas. What are you doing up at 1am!!!
-e-