Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Speaking of design.....and GREAT hair......

Tara has been doing amazing things to my hair for almost 2 years now. She and Renae used to be roomies (are we noticing a trend here.....NaeNae is my hookup to a creative outlet), and I started to see Tara while she was finishing up beauty school. After she left there, I went to see her at her apartment, she came to see me at my house, I went to her house, she came to my apartment....we've run the gamut of locations to "do hair".

She recently leased her own space at a studio of salons in (ugh, south) Austin. I am so proud of her starting up her own business. She does such a fantastic job and we've all been hoping that she'd get to this point in her career where she'd be able to work for herself - so CONGRATS, Tara! You rock!!!

Well, she asked me if I'd help her design a business card. She went back and forth on what she wanted to call it....what a possible logo idea would be.....colors, etc. She finally decided that she really liked the shape of her new tattoo, and thought that we could use that for a logo.

I loved the idea!!

She was at my apartment doing my hair and I got started on it right then and there. I was too excited to wait any longer to get it going.

To start out, I took a photo of her tattoo, and then started playing around with what I could do.


She already had some other items for her studio created, so she had the fonts and colors picked out that she wanted to work with....so here is what I came up with. She loved it....score another point for AP. Watch out folks, I'm on a roll!!!


Next up....trying to redesign the menu for Tara's boyfriend's restaurant. I told her I'm up for the challenge! :) Fingers crossed that I will be able to come up with something delicious!!

1 comment:

Work in progress said...

AP
I just saw this for the 1st time today...
I don't know what else to say but, seriously, your are aMaZiNg.
You Know that is my new name 4 you APmazing.
Please excuse me I am trying to type with my left middle finger bandaged. it is ugly and it has taking me at least 8 mins to write this.. sad, but the points is you are APmazing!!!!