Monday, June 23, 2008

Introducing My Humble Condo Abode

I moved in a little over two months ago....and had my place about 80% of the way setup and livable on day one....but it took me a little longer, and the help of a few friends, to get it to where it is now. I wanted to hang the curtains the right way in my permanent living place, and there was no way I could do that myself! :)

So....here's the photo tour....finally!

When you walk in the front door (or the garage door)....you immediately take the stairs up to the 2nd level, where all of the living takes place. If you look down the pic, you can see the front door in the mirror that is on the landing. While a few of my friends (Toni) are a little scared of the painting sitting on the landing there, it's my favorite. It was painted by my Aunt Gini and I've always loved it.


At the top of the stairs, I have doors to a small balcony that I'll never use....that is why I didn't really mind hanging curtains over them. I preferred the punch of color to the outdoor access. Oh, say hi to Molly!


Then you turn and look into the main area of my condo. Dining table right in front of you. This is where I drop my purse/laptop bag on the way in each and every day. To the right is the study....I LOVE that it's open and there aren't any doors to it, it was my main reason for buying this place....it's so open. There is a half bath to the right too.


A look back into the dining area and stairs to the condo. The whole place was painted already when I bought it....yay! I hate painting, but I love the colors of this place. It's so warm.


Kitchen. Also nice and open. !!!! This pic just reminded me that I have to cash that check hanging on the side of my fridge!!! And ugh, I need to get a new trashcan...that thing is just ugly, and it's too small too!!


My favorite piece of furniture in my place....also the heaviest (that thing is like 800 lbs) is the piece that my old fashioned normal TV sits on....I love that thing!!


My living room. I LOVE the windows and the natural light that I can get. If I open all the blinds during the day, I don't need to turn on a single light and the whole room is bright. I also have a balcony that opens up and spans the entire width of my living room. I don't go out there much right now as it's too HOT but I will once I get a hammock or something. :)


Lastly, my study. The reason I bought this place....and where I spend most of my time.....behind this very computer....sitting indian style in my big chair, with shuffle playing on my iTunes, Molly resting on the chair edge behind me. I love the color in here and the curtains. I tore out the shelving in the closet and put in good old fashioned shelves (with help of course) to organize all of my junk!!! It's perfect!!



Thanks for joining me on my tour. Oh, yes, I have a bedroom too...but I didn't feel like making my bed to take any pictures, so maybe another day. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh nice, now I know where to hide when...uh...wait, what?

~the fish~

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if that was an invitation to move in...but yes, the fish is very tired of living in the windowless warehouse as I come up on 3 years. The cons grow day by day as the pros dwindle away.

The problem is I want to own, so we'll see what the SD market does, and whatever I get better have a garage!

Nice place!

~the fish~

PS: I'd still be scared someone was hiding behind those curtains at the top of the stairs. With a chef's knife....sweet dreams!

~Kara~ said...

It seems your wine glass has legs, it followed you from the kitchen counter to the office desk.... or else the person hiding behind the curtains moved it for you. SLEEP TIGHT!