Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HP Tech Forum - Day 3

Blah, blah....conference stuff. I did that during the day...boring to my 3 blog readers.

Tonight we had dinner with one of our customers at Smith & Wollensky's. Wow, what a nice place. We had appetizers galore, salads, main courses, side dishes, drinks.....whoa, we ate GOOD. Of course we had some very nice wines again too, and the company was great. The customers were from North Carolina....and if for nothing else, I really enjoy their accents. :) That sweet southern drawl is so comforting.




After dinner, we headed over to the MGM Grand where we had a roof level suite all setup for a hospitality event. What a view of the strip it was from there....beautiful. There was a patio and a hottub outside, food and a bar inside.....and.....a Wii!





I decided to try my hand at boxing again. The last time I was beat miserably by a girl at our sales meeting, but this time was a different story. The game actually tells you how to play, so this time I paid attention....and well, I won. I was playing against one of our customers, Scott, and he promises that he didn't let me win. I took him in all 3 rounds and was declared the winner. :) It was so much fun. Then, we bowled....and while I thought I was losing, it turns out that I was looking at the wrong line on the scoreboard...and well, Scott, as hard as he was trying to beat me, we ended up tying at 159. Now if I could only bowl that well in REAL life - haha! We also played baseball, that one was fun....and tennis. Well, I can't be good at everything....I SUCK at tennis. I tried it several times, and it just was NOT my game. The golf was tough, but Lynne and I had fun playing it nonetheless.







The surprise of the night was that we had VIP tickets to get into Studio 54. I hadn't ever been there before, and I love to dance when I'm in Vegas, so this was quite a treat. We headed over there around 1am, and danced for a few hours. It was such a neat place.....people were hanging from the ceiling in stars, man I really wanted to try that....of course I didn't get to, but the club was fun, and the music was awesome.





It was one of those classic late nights in Vegas, but totally worth it. I had a blast, and it was a great night with coworkers and customers!! Tomorrow is the wrap up of the conference, and then I head home. I'm actually going to be in Austin all weekend, so I'm looking forward to some downtime. :)

2 comments:

DCM Photography said...

Make that 4 blog readers! When are you going to come shoot a wedding with me again?

Julie said...

And 5! I don't know how you do it traveling all the time! After being gone three weekends in a row, I was SO freaking excited to be in Austin this past weekend with NO plans. Looks and sounds like you had a great time though!