Saturday, May 17, 2008

Toni & AP = The NEW Jerry & George???

So, today the lake plans fell through, which ended up being a good thing because I got a LOT done around the house...but after being inside ALL last night and almost all day today, I was antsy to get out, at least for a little bit.

After she and I played phone tag almost all day, Toni called and said she was headed over to my place with Scott, and then we'd figure out where to go eat some dinner. Yay!!! After finishing the 47 second tour of my place, we decided that we'd go to Hanover's in Pflugerville to have dinner where we could enjoy it outside.

Well...to anyone that doesn't already know this.....Hanover's doesn't serve food. Doh!!

So, we drove back up Pecan and ended up at Springhill Restaurant. I'd met Scott very briefly a few weeks ago......I don't know too much about him yet, but bottom line is that:

A. I like him,
B. he's funny and nice,
C. he has 3 dogs,
D. plays volleyball, and
E. most importantly, he's made Toni a very happy woman.

E is really all I am concerned about right now.....and that's a great thing. :)

Well, during dinner, Toni and I were ourselves....which I could add as "F", because sometimes girls are so weird when they start dating someone, and not all the time do they act themselves around new people.....so anyways, we were the goofy girls that we are, and we talk about anything.....stupid stuff included.

We were having a conversation about how "Wells Branch" is just as it is...."Wells", and how that's perfectly OK with everyone...and how my new work address is "Hesters Crossing", but when I submitted my business card request, I used the form that was already filled out and had "Hester's Crossing"...and well, that's wrong. There is no apostrophe in Hesters.......and for as long as I have this pack of 1000 cards, it's going to drive me crazy.....

The point to me sharing this boring story is that Scott compared me and Toni to a Seinfeld episode....and how we were really enjoying ourselves having a conversation about the misplacement of an apostrophe....a conversation about really nothing.......and that if we were on TV, he'd watch us. What a hoot!! I mean, Toni and I have thought that we'd be television worthy for years....but for someone else to validate this....... :)

So....I like Scott. Not just because he'd watch my TV show, but I like him even more because I've NEVER seen Toni so blissfully happy, and that is freaking awesome. They are cute, and not in the way that makes you want to "throw up in your mouth", but the way that makes me want to be around them more, because being around them makes ME a better person and smile. :)




3 comments:

Beankountess said...

Too funny! I love it!!!!!

I think we could take this on the road. But, we need Kara as our Elaine. LOL!

~Kara~ said...

Wowzers Toni, he's ummm Real cute and stuff. Mmhmm. Go Toni!

p.s. thank you for making me your Elaine, I know I'm hysterical. But I also know that I DO NOT DANCE LIKE ELAINE.

Do I?

Anonymous said...

yada yada yada...

-the fish-