Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A lil stroll down South Congress.....

I am in love with South Congress....I think it's my most favorite part of Austin these days, and so when there are people in from out of town....this is where I want to take them. Jacob and Mike were leaving their entertainment for the night up to me (hey, I'm a good planner), so I invited Toni to join us and had some fun "Austin-ish" things in store for them tonight.

We started out at Guero's Taco Bar, a very "Keep Austin Weird" establishment, for a margarita. Have I mentioned that it's been in the very high 90s this week?? Well, we all needed something light and refreshing to cool us down from the walk to the restaurant from the parking garage. :)


This place never disappoints. The margs were fantastic...the people watching was superb.....and the salsa was awesome.



Next it was on to my absolute favorite restaurant downtown, South Congress Cafe. I LOVE this place, it's got such a cool vibe, and the food is scrumptious too! I got my same dish that I get every time I go...the Angel Hair Salsa Fresca with blackened jumbo shrimp.....seriously, it's heavenly and has just the right amount of spiciness to it. Everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their dinners too.


After we were full.....we decided that we'd go for dessert......again......good choice. Can you believe that it was Mike's first time EVER to eat Creme Brule? Well....Mikey liked it.....so, we had to document this momentous occasion. :)



Once again, had a fantastic time with my friends from Utah.....we were laughing the entire night. I think that Toni and I have them convinced that everything IS bigger and better in Texas....including the personalities of Texas women. :)

No comments: