Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Living Large in Sandy, Utah!!!

I'm at my home away from home....Utah. I really can't put into words what it is about this state that makes me so happy. When we were flying in, the pilot turned the plane to the side to make a turn to land, and when I looked out the window and saw the water and the snow capped mountains, it just put a huge smile on my face. Forgive these photos, they were snapped with my phone, but I just had to try to capture the beauty for those of you that haven't been here before. It was 75 degrees when I landed......ahhhhh....perfect!!



There is something else to note about me when I'm in Utah......I know where I'm going. I walked straight from the gate to the rental car place.....to my car.....to 80 to I-15 S.....all without having to ask a single person where I was supposed to be going. I think that this is the only place on earth where I know where I am without a map. It might be because everything is pretty much right off I-15, but still.....I like knowing where I'm going. Me and my Impala are going to enjoy that very much!

I called a few folks to let them know that I was in town, and started setting up things to do during my stay. I haven't been to Sandy before, but so far so good. I found the Residence Inn without too much trouble, and WOW, I am impressed. I walked into my room...the odd numbered room (yay!!)..... in the corner, right by the stairs, on the 3rd floor (love it that I really don't have any neighbors), and was seriously shocked. I am in my own little apartment, complete with a nice kitchen (including a microwave, fridge, stove top, dishwasher, and a nice bowl for popcorn), living room, bed and bathroom....all very spacious. The decor is awesome too, I honestly feel like I'm living back at my old apartment.....well, there is a MUCH better TV here, but it's just like being at home. I am very happy with my casa for the next 9 nights. :)



3 comments:

~Kara~ said...

So glad the place is nice, you will be there forreevverrr. Enjoy the cool, beautiful weather you BRAT! We will be here...sulking in our 95 degree heat. I want pics of stuff, I'm not waiting for another blog post. Send. Pics. Daily. Of. Anything. :)

Beankountess said...

Is that a spider I see on the wing of the plane?
How pretty is that view. It's warm here - enjoy your stay in Utah.

Brett Bollman said...

I love the view from 20,000 ft! People must think I'm "special" when I mash my nose and forehead against the airplane window trying to get the best view I can. :o)

Looks like a sweet setup you've got there in UT.