Thursday, May 1, 2008

NSM Day 2

Morning came WAY early today......but my roomie, Mindy (did I mention that we all have roomies) was awesome. She had set a few alarms, and I popped straight up out of bed right at 7am. She made us some coffee, and asked me if I wanted her to iron anything. I quickly found out that she has 2 grown sons, and 2 daughters in HS, so she's used to doing these sorts of things. I drank some coffee, but ironed my own pants. :) She was cracking me up that morning....but I needed it because I was SO dang tired.

We had 8 training sessions today, it was all really well done, and went by a lot faster than you'd think. To keep us paying attention, we had a form that had one question from each session, that we had to fill out and turn in at the end of the day. To incent everyone to do this, they were going to use these forms for a drawing for a nice prize. Hey, why not, right? :)

At the end of the afternoon, we had a partner expo, where all of the partners were in a room.....giving us info, introducing themselves, giving away junk, etc. I went through the maze with Mary and Lisa. This is all the stuff that I knew would fill up my suitcase on the way back. Everything from a remote control car, koozies, lots of squeezy stress ball type things, notebooks, etc, was given to us during the two hours.


Next was something really cool. We had a fantastic steak and lobster dinner as a group in the larger ballroom, and then Mike Eruzione was there as our guest speaker. He was the captain of the Gold Medal 1980 Olympic Ice Hockey team. If you've seen the movie, Miracle, then you know the story. He was such a great speaker and answered everyone's questions with enthusiasm and ease......people were throwing out some pretty off the wall questions, and he didn't falter at all. It was pretty cool to have him come talk to us. The top performers from the previous years got to go attend a special "meet and greet" type thing afterwards, which I thought was pretty special.



The expo room opened back up after dinner and they had all sorts of Wii games setup. Someone asked me if I wanted to box Elise, so I said "Sure!". I hadn't ever played before so I honestly had NO idea what I was doing, but it was a lot of fun.....as you can tell from the smile on my face. I won the first round, but missed out in the second and third.....oh well, it was fun nonetheless. And I tell you what, it's HARD work too!! I'm not sure if it was just the way that I was punching, but I seriously injured myself....I must have pulled a shoulder muscle or something. Yikes!!





I hung around for a little big longer and chatted with the Austin folks, and decided to call it an early night. Much more left for tomorrow and then some. :)

1 comment:

DCM Photography said...

I know Mary, I shot her wedding. Long time friends of my wife. small world