Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trapeze - Take Two

Kara, Danielle and I went back to Trapeze tonight.....also in tow was Terry, Kara's hubby. I've already gone through the basics, so I'll skip to the good stuff.

Since I completed the 1st trick catch (knee hang) last time, I had the option to learn a new trick. I was VERY excited about this - love trying new things. So, Jaybird taught me how to do the splits. It looked very cool, and I thought that I'd be able to master this one too. Well....I had one small issue - my feet kept cramping from the walk on Sunday. Every time I pointed my toes, the pain was enough to make me forget all of the other things that I was supposed to be doing. I did try it for 3 of the rounds, and was able to test it out, but didn't feel that I was good enough at it yet to take it to the next level. I was, of course, a little disappointed, I really wanted to be good at it, but I thought it best to give my feet a rest and go back to what I knew I could do.

When it came time for the catches, I made the first one, it was so much fun to do that again. Adam caught us this time, man, it was so awesome. Kara, Terry and Danielle all made the catches too!! That was everyone's goal - it was so neat to see everyone feeling so accomplished - the smiles were so big!!! On my 2nd catch, I told Kristin "This time I'm going to make the return and catch that damn bar!". She just kind of smiled at me and said "Good luck!".

I got up there....the knee hang was great, Adam took me to the apron perfectly, and then he reminded me, right before he let go of me, to push down hard on his arms. Well, it worked. When I turned around, the bar was right in front of me....and I caught it!! WOW!! I screamed, I was so excited.....that was such an awesome feeling. When I got down, I told Kristin "Told you I was going to catch it that time!". :) She told me later that she was giving me some sass to push me harder so I would do it - well, it worked - I had something to prove to myself, and I did it.

I hope that I can go back again before they leave Austin. The whole gang is so nice, and I really enjoy pushing myself to learn new things....even if I know that I'll be paying for it with the soreness for the next few days. It's totally worth it!



1 comment:

Brett Bollman said...

Great job! This looks like it would be a lot of fun! And I like the video too... mixed very well!