Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kickball!!

So, to try something new....which I am all about these days, I jumped on it when Dana sent out an email asking who wanted to join a co-ed Kickball league. I don't think I ever played it when I was younger, so I have no business playing as an adult - but I thought, what the heck!!

Tonight was our team's, the "Blueballas", first game. Let me first say that we play in a group of fields that are WAY out by, even PAST, the airport, so it's about a 30 minute drive for me. How's that for dedication?

There were 16 of us there tonight....I am pretty sure that I remember everyone's name....but just in case my memory fails me, we are getting them put on the back of our shirts for next week - phew. Mine will say "AP"....so much for being creative, huh?

None of us really knew what we were doing, but didn't really care either - we were there to have fun. Of course, it didn't help that we were set to play against the team that has been playing for the last 5 seasons....and won the whole thing last year - nice!!! They were warming up while we were still trying to get dressed. :)

So...we didn't do very good. BUT, one thing that I did notice and have to mention....the girls on their team, well, despite their outfits being very cute with the little white skirts, they were annoying. Every time they got up to kick, they barely tapped the ball, and 9 out of 1o times would end up fouling because it wouldn't even reach the play line. Their guys were really good though, and yeah, they stomped us. I didn't really do very much. I was in the out field when I was playing defense, and I got to kick once.....straight into the arms of the pitcher. Oh well, at least I made contact and kicked it harder than any of the opposing team's girls did. Ha!

The final score was.....wait for it.....12 to 0. We didn't really care, and were still smiling at the end. The best part about it was that there was a pink team that had just finished playing, that pretty much despised the brown team that we were up against, and so they heckled them and rooted us on the entire time. It was hysterical.

At least we have room for improvement. Overall, it was fun, and I didn't even break a sweat. :) Can't wait for next week.




No comments: