Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Hump Day

I don't normally get anxious, or really that nervous, or the butterflies......but as I sit here, already been working since 7am, after being up and online after midnight last night, and I still have a million things to get done today, and during the rest of this week, in prep for next week's conference.....I'm getting a little worried that it won't all get finished. I mean, I KNOW that it will be finished, and hopefully turn out great, because I won't let it NOT get done...but ugh, I just wish that other people were as adverse to working at the last minute to get important stuff done like I am.

I have a list of about 8 things to do for the show.....and in the middle of that, today I have a meeting this morning for about 2.5 hours, an executive sync up that I get to hand hold, a dry run rehearsal for the content being delivered next week by my teammate that I am praying goes better than the 1st dry run (eek!!) and lastly another short meeting that I tried desperately to push off until I get back after next week....until the jerk went and copied my manager on an email....so he gets to meet with me this afternoon too. Nice. (Oh, and I get to play with PowerPoint to re-do everyone's presentations since they couldn't figure out how to use the right template as I asked.....lovely. I love my job.)

BUT...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. After this day is over....I get to FLY again, and that, my friends, will make this day all worth it.

I'm off to my first meeting....let's all hope that this day goes quickly and without any hiccups.

4 comments:

loragaige said...

It's been 24 hours without a single post...AND Kara beat you to posting the trapeze photos. Do I need to call 911? Is all ok?

Molly, are you checking this for your mom? Meow twice if you're in Milwaukee!

Annemarie said...

Miss Lora, thank you for checking on me. We are still in Austin, mom is so busy and it's scaring me....she's running around like a crazy lady...yelling things about some conference and all that she has to do still....and she has to blog about trapeze....and she has to leave for dinner soon....and she doesn't know when or what she is going to pack for next week, which she has to do tonight because she is out tomorrow night with some friends, and photographing a wedding on Saturdaynight....she hasn't even remembered to clean my litter box this week!!!! Hope she calms down soon!" xoxo - Molly

loragaige said...

Whew...well at least you have things under control Miss Molly!!!

Umm, do we need to go to bloggers anonymous. I think we may have a problem! ;)

Beankountess said...

I have to admit - I was worried about you too! Kara posted and you have been idle - I agree with Lora about the bloggers anonymous! Too funny!