Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Funday....full of FUN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! :)

645am

Taylor & I get ready for Race for the Cure.

720am
Pick up Mom at hotel.

830am
Runners are already coming around the bend towards the finish line, where we are patiently waiting for the walkers to start. These guys ran the 5K (3 miles) in about 15 minutes...it was amazing!!

845am
We finally cross the starting line.

850am, 857am, 903am, 912am, etc
Taylor and I are jogging to keep up with Mom....who is darting in and out of all the people in front of her. We have no idea the method to her madness and are surely walking double the 5K due to all the zigging and zagging.

915am
Mom says "Let's run the last part over the bridge". We get to the start of the South 1st bridge, I say to Taylor "Ok, let's run!". We run all the way to the finish line.

918am
Taylor and I cross the finish line, can't see Mom behind us. Turns out she meant for us to start running at the other side of the bridge, to cross the finish line in a jog. Oops. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.


1010am
Arrive back home. Shower, get ready.

1035am
Mom and I leave for church. I can't believe that we got out of the house in 25 minutes - wow!!! Service was amazing as usual.

1245pm
Mom, Taylor and Dad get on the road back to Katy. I go over to Toni's for our little get together.....oooh....yummmm for Cinnamon Cider smelling wax. Hee hee.

535pm
I head over to Renae's to hang out with her and Melissa (yay - she's in town for 2 whole weeks for training!). It was just like old times, and we hung out, while Renae slaved away and cooked us a super yummy pasta dinner, and gabbed away like the girly girls that we are. I loved every minute of it, and can't wait to hang out with them a few more times this week. :)

What an absolutely wonderfully exhausting Sunday!

No comments: